Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the chart on the evil site (only kidding). It says the TRD springs are a 1" drop and the S-techs are something like 1.7". Is this correct?

The reason I ask is I am considering swapping the TRD's out for some S-techs but am concerned about how much lower it is going to be. I am running the JP kit that is about 1.5" to 2" lower than the stock kit. We all know how unfriendly fiberglass is to curbs.

I am running a 17" rim and tire combo. Any input is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I have the TRD's and you might not like them, especially if you're running audio equipments in the back. The springs are fine, just after hauling that stuff around for awhile makes them sit a bit lower than the front.

I know the NF210s, H-Techs, and I wanna say the Eibach Pro-kit ( I think the sportline kit drops 2) all have a comparable drop to the TRD. Maybe try the Hotchkis springs, I think they drop like 1.5.

I'd say if anything swap out to springs that are a bit lower, I just dunno about anything lower than 1.3-1.5

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not totally unhappy with the trd's but it is more a sense of doing something to my car. Right now my car is dealer prepped other than removal of the rear scion badge and my own road rash scars on the body kit. So that is why I want to get the cat back exhaust, strut bar and maybe the teins.

Not to mention I am probably going to be able to do all of this for little out of pocket expenese. I am selling my trd exhaust locally (hopefully) and was hoping to sell my springs. This combined with selling off the other items and some other helping I am looking at very little cash spent for three nice mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.