Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my xB but i don't know much drop would be safe. I have 17" wheels and it would look much better dropped but i live in kind of a rural area(dirtroads and speedbumps everywhere:( ).
Any suggestions on how much if any?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
2 in is the most popular. There are many members that attack the trail, I mean roads in California. I have a 1.7/1.5 with 17's (215/45) and it is a little lower than stock ride height. I just wanted the wheels to fit within the wells. I do have to take mine on dirt roads every now and then with out problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks (i live down a dirtroad) i just want my wheels to fit better, right now there is a bigger gap at the top, than on the sides between the wheel and the fenders.

Whats the best way to go about dropping it? Costs?

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
I got my Tein S Techs (1.7/1.5) from another member used for $110 shipped and I love them. I've only hit a couple times on damn speed bumps, but w/17"s you shouldn't have that problem, I'm still on 15"s.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Teins. Can't go wrong at all. Also, there's Progress Tech that is a bit more than an inch drop.

BTW, how's the weather down in CG?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right on i'll have to invest in those teins as long as i dont drag on bumps it should be tight, thanks

The weather = crap rain nice temp though

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
If ya don't want to drop it that low you can go with the Tein H Techs or Tanabe NF210's which have a little less drop. Or if you want a bigger drop go w/the tanabe DF210's or Goldlines. Someone had some DF210's for sale on that "other site - SL"

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The weather isn't so good up here either. It's bout the same.

Yeah, if you can get springs on a deal, then I say do it. If you can't find any used, just shop around the web vendors until you find a place that has them cheapest. Don't hesitate to ask for assistance either, that's why we have the aim and yahoo and icq and those other messaging clients you can find people on.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
i have tanabe DF210's & mine dropped about 2.5 from stock.
& its sitting on 18's. so its somewhat of a big drop
but not like scraper status. HAHA.
i dont know how to drive stick yet so i cant have it
that low yet or put a lip kit on yet. haha. poor me.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yeah I waited until I found the Progress on clearance on Summit $93 shipped.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Df210's, but if you have any real worry about scraping, just go with the S-Techs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GOLDLINES give you a full 2in. drop with no sag. would go good with yur 17. BTW, what size tires are you running?
umm i forgot what size the tires are (to tired to go look right now) they're Yokohama Parada's not tall at all
i'm prolly gonna go with the s techs i've alot of bad roads and stuff in my area, alot of scrape hazards

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.