Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much difference it would make as far as take off and top speed is concerned, if i took off my 18'' enkei's and put on the stock 15'' steel rims?

·
Registered
104 Posts
i think u'll get better traction so i am guessing better take off...and i think you probably could corner faster...it still depends on the size of the tire and everything else....you can get an 18" setup and it'll perform very close to a 15" setup..i don't noe how to get technical with it but i saw a show on spike where they was breaking it down

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
smalltownscionman said:
I was wondering how much difference it would make as far as take off and top speed is concerned, if i took off my 18'' enkei's and put on the stock 15'' steel rims?
Acceleration and overall mpg will drop sightly, but I'm running 18s and have had no problems rolling at 100 mph+. :D :eek: :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Boils down to the weight of each in my opinion. If the enkei's are lighter than the steelies then stick with them.

I took off the 19's (very heavy) for the winter and put on 15" panther chromies with the stock tires and now I fly and have a smoother ride (only cause i'm riding on air). I may never put the 19's back on. They have so little meat on the tire and I can feel when I roll over a paper cup. LOL Air ride and super low profile dont match well. I'm considering getting 17's. But I will miss lowering the box and having the rim go inside the fender. But performance is more important than style.

·
Registered
104 Posts
L0sT said:
Boils down to the weight of each in my opinion. If the enkei's are lighter than the steelies then stick with them.

I took off the 19's (very heavy) for the winter and put on 15" panther chromies with the stock tires and now I fly and have a smoother ride (only cause i'm riding on air). I may never put the 19's back on. They have so little meat on the tire and I can feel when I roll over a paper cup. LOL Air ride and super low profile dont match well. I'm considering getting 17's. But I will miss lowering the box and having the rim go inside the fender. But performance is more important than style.
it's soo tru...you can feel those cracks and everything....omg...you need to slip on 17's....if u get the xb c-sectioned than the fenders will overlap the wheels..lol...but that's another story

·
Registered
144 Posts
neo24 said:
it's soo tru...you can feel those cracks and everything....omg...you need to slip on 17's....if u get the xb c-sectioned than the fenders will overlap the wheels..lol...but that's another story
Yup, Neo could tell you how rough the ride can be with my set-up... I'll see what I'll do for the summer.

So Squirrel, What did you decide?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
L0sT said:
Yup, Neo could tell you how rough the ride can be with my set-up... I'll see what I'll do for the summer.

So Squirrel, What did you decide?
Decide on what?

I'm rolling 18s right now, but I may go back to my 17 inch Buddy Clubs, or something else once I go back to work and have to do the 160 mile commute every day of the week.

I'm waiting to find out on the status of some new 16s that may be relased soon. I've had my eyes on the NKB Meshs for a while, but I keep getting contacted about other options.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I also had a set of the light weight Axis Maglites, and was going to run those until I switched over to camber on all four corners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts