Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my xb a month ago brand new. I'm not sure if I'm getting the correct range and miles per tank. I last filled up 12 gallons and my full tank before have me about 286 miles. Is this normal? Also why does it say its 14 gallon tank?

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I did not get my XB brand new but remember that she is not broke in yet so take you time and yur MPG will get better !!

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
Because the tank has a reserve for drivers that only fill up when the light goes on. ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I get anywhere between 285 and 320 depending on how I drive. Also, ^ is correct there is a 2 gallon reserve on the tank but I would never push my car that far down... It worries me.

·
Tactical Toaster
2,397 Posts
I get anywhere between 285 and 320 depending on how I drive. Also, ^ is correct there is a 2 gallon reserve on the tank but I would never push my car that far down... It worries me.
It should, running pumps dry is no bueno.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It says it is a 14 gallon tank because it holds 14 gallons when completely empty (not empty on the fuel gauge, but like new in the factory before it is installed and has any fuel added or if you actually run out of gas).
You mileage will vary depending on your driving style/conditions. Brand new mileage tends to be a bit lower until the engine breaks in.
Your tank was almost 24 mpg (23.8), so if mostly around town, about right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts