Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 06 xB in Aug. have put on just about 13,500 miles on it and I just had to replace the front breaks. :mad: I don't think that I am hard on them to I don't think that is the issue.
Are you having to change them out that quick also?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Your brakes should last much longer than that. Is it your front disk or the rear drums that are worn out?

·
Registered
308 Posts
About 70% of your braking is done with your front brakes, so most of the time they will go first. But you should get about 40,000 on them before replacing them. Maybe something is sticking to make them wear. Were they worn the same on both sides?

Paul

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
release_xb said:
About 70% of your braking is done with your front brakes, so most of the time they will go first. But you should get about 40,000 on them before replacing them. Maybe something is sticking to make them wear. Were they worn the same on both sides?

Paul
That's what I'm wondering, if something is hanging up.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Breaks typically last about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your boss.

Oh! You mean the other brakes. Hahahaha! Yeah. Those should last at least 30,000 miles with normal braking. You should be looking at 50,000 to 80,000 miles out of normal use, though. Yup. Something is wrong with your brake system.

One last question. Are you one of thsoe people that stop at the very last minute, instead of braking slowly? That also wears out brake pads quickly. Ah yes. Downhill driving with the brakes also wears them out quickly.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Anime Gee said:
Breaks typically last about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your boss.

Nice one! You get to wear the funny hat tonight! :D

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was the front disk. The dealer said 20% was left on it. I don't think that I am one of those people that stop at the last min, I use the OD button all the time to help with the slowing down also.
Thats cool scvscions changed them out for me on Sat and they are working fine right now. If these breaks go out then same I going to look into having them changed out/upgreading.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
BNABox said:
It was the front disk. The dealer said 20% was left on it. I don't think that I am one of those people that stop at the last min, I use the OD button all the time to help with the slowing down also.
Thats cool scvscions changed them out for me on Sat and they are working fine right now. If these breaks go out then same I going to look into having them changed out/upgreading.
Glad to hear they took care of you and you got it changed out.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
If you drive in the city, your brakes won't last as long as they would driving mainly on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.