Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
hair drryer to heat them up, then use fishing line or floss in a sawing motion and take the emblems off, remove the excess glue, put on a coat of wax over the area and you're done.

Takes 5 min.

·
Registered
94 Posts
smalltownscionman said:
just wondering how to remove my rear emblems thanks
Blow torch and a set of welding goggles!:D

I just heated mine with a blow dryer and gently pried them off with a small popcicle stick...

I then used a little bit of cleaner wax and removed the residue and waxed it all up nice and pretty like.

BAM!! Stealth mode. No emblems...

Thinking of doing the Bb logo and either leaving the Scion emblem off or putting the Toyota one on...

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Since it's summer time take the easy route.

Let the Box sit in the sun for a while. Use a thread of waxed dental floss or fishing line. Slide it behind the emblem. Use some cleaner like GooGone to remove the excess adhesive and then wax the spot. Super easy, super clean.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Lizard1 said:
I heard the best way was to heat the emblem up and use dental floss.

Can't remember where I heard that, but heat and patience is what I have heard.
but what brand of dental floss? wax or non-waxed? does it need extra lubricants or anti-freeze? please elaborate.

j/k :D :D :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
sid said:
but what brand of dental floss? wax or non-waxed? does it need extra lubricants or anti-freeze? please elaborate.j/k :D :D :D
Glad you asked, Grasshopper. First you need Wal-Mart brand dental floss. Even though cheap, you get extra strength string. Poor wax count, but not many people realize the tensile strength in their floss. Plus, you then get to go look at toys.

I would highly suggest a high count of anti-freeze. Preferably the 100% vs. the 50/50. That way when done, you can leave a bowl out for the stray cats in your neighborhood.

Really, it's all about safety. Please keep in mind you should wear a blast suit to prevent any limbs from getting cut off. That Wal-Mart floss is like steel razor wire.

God bless and good luck!:eek: :D

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Since it's summer time take the easy route.

Let the Box sit in the sun for a while. Use a thread of waxed dental floss or fishing line. Slide it behind the emblem. Use some cleaner like GooGone to remove the excess adhesive and then wax the spot. Super easy, super clean.

This was my method of choice .... I'm just a Taz follwer - do as Taz does he is all knowing.........lol

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Lizard1 said:
Glad you asked, Grasshopper. First you need Wal-Mart brand dental floss. Even though cheap, you get extra strength string. Poor wax count, but not many people realize the tensile strength in their floss. Plus, you then get to go look at toys.

I would highly suggest a high count of anti-freeze. Preferably the 100% vs. the 50/50. That way when done, you can leave a bowl out for the stray cats in your neighborhood.

Really, it's all about safety. Please keep in mind you should wear a blast suit to prevent any limbs from getting cut off. That Wal-Mart floss is like steel razor wire.

God bless and good luck!:eek: :D
Now that's funny! :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
DO NOT use fishing line or dental floss. I did it that way and it worked fine, but you must be VERY carefull or you will damage your paint.

My advice to you. Park your car in the sun, get the paint nice and warm. Then you should be able to pick them off with your hands. They are held on with double sided tape.

·
Registered
485 Posts
where can i find the goo thats on the back of the emblem, what else will clean it off? Ive gone to wal mart and autozone and pep boys, and advance auto parts and sams auto and i still cant find any goo remover of any kind. What section could i find the googone in at walmart or wherever its at?

also, what can i use to put a new emblem back on my vehicle, i havent seen that answered in a while. Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
backseatchris said:
where can i find the goo thats on the back of the emblem, what else will clean it off? Ive gone to wal mart and autozone and pep boys, and advance auto parts and sams auto and i still cant find any goo remover of any kind. What section could i find the googone in at walmart or wherever its at?

also, what can i use to put a new emblem back on my vehicle, i havent seen that answered in a while. Thanks a bunch
Home depot or any hardware store.

to put a new emblem, use 3M double sided tape(gray).

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
the gray 3M double sided tape is also refered as moulding tape. its the same tape they use on side moulding of cars and the emblem. my ES window visor comes with it. if you pull it, you could break the plexy first before you could detach the tape.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.