Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last few days I've been driving around town to the local audio shops and looking around online and I think I've decided what I want for my system, but some of my ideas need a bit of clearing up since this is my first system I've ever done.

The plan is to do it in phases:
1) Subs + amp
2) Headunit (expensive touchscreen)
3) midrange + tweeters

So for the first stage, I plan on getting 2 12" Kicker Solo-baric L5 (L7 maybe..) square subwoofers. Now, from what I've understood from talking to people is that these should not be run at over 600W. (verified on site too) I really don't want to have 2 amps for each of these, so I started looking for a 2 channel with enough wattage per channel to power it, but I'm not exactly sure how much I need per channel since this is my first stereo system.

So, this led me to looking into an amp with 450W per channel. http://www.cardomain.com/item/POWOV22600

Someone also recommended I get a decent capacitor since I'll be doing the rest of the system later, so I found a 6F one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250100925444

Does this system sound overdone, underdone, completely off? I'd be glad to hear it. I'd also be interested in links to how to wire this up if anyone has any of the top of their head. (I still have to search around, so feel free to ignore that part. :) )

Thanks guys

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think your headed in the right direction. It's all on preference. I think 2 12" subs is too much. If you get the right sub, you really only need one. I have one Jl Audiot W7 8" sub I got for $300 and it hits harder than my buddies 2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs. I'm sure the kickers will give you plenty of bass, it just depends on how much. Since the XB is an open cabin vehicle, the bass can be heard throughout the entire vehicle. I'm not sure for the kickers your talking about are 600 peak watts each or 600 RMS. I'm sure a Rockford Fosgate Punch amp should be more than enought to power up those subs. For components, I have a set of Focals which cost me around $300. MB Quarts are a good choice as well. For decks, I love Alpine, but Pioneer also have good touchscreen displays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts