Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i need to wire the 3 leds in my head lights to a rocker switch cause i changed them to green. help!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
um ok let me be more spacific. there are 3 led in each headlight. the wires comming out splice down into a total of two wires. one is black and the outer is yellow. the black one is the ground and th yellow one is where i'm stuck. i want it to go to a rocker switch so i can turn it on from under the hood. if you guys need pics let me know. thanks!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Without seeing a pic I'm assuming that the yellow is the power lead. The black ground wire can be attached anywhere that you have a good clean ground. If the lights are working off of 12 volts, run a fused lead from your battery to the rocker switch. Connect the two yellow leads from the led's to the other side of the rocker switch. This is the most basic use of a switch but it should do what you need. A simple open/close of the circuit.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew that black is the ground. i'm just lost on how to get the fused lead from the battery to the rocker switch. heres a pic of the rocker switch. sorry it's fuzzy

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
your switch just acts like open and close.
simple circuit would be:
battery--> wire(red)-->fuse-->wire(red)---->switch(1st lead/pole),
switch(2nd lead/pole)--->wire(yellow)--->LED(+with resistor)
LED(-)---wire(black)---to any good ground.

its best to wire the fuse close to the battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yellow_sub said:
um ok let me be more spacific. there are 3 led in each headlight. the wires comming out splice down into a total of two wires. one is black and the outer is yellow. the black one is the ground and th yellow one is where i'm stuck. i want it to go to a rocker switch so i can turn it on from under the hood. if you guys need pics let me know. thanks!
When you say you want turn turn it on from under the hood, do you mean you want to mount the switch under the hood? I mounted Tammie's LED switch next to the factory fog lamp switch and just used the cigarrete lighter for power. You can always tap right off the battery using a lead with an inline fuse too, that would be really simple and save the trouble of having to run wires through the firewall, or tap off the battery for power and run only the ground wire through the firewall to a dash mounted switch.

Really simple to do and there are lots of options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.