Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea rick, you just order about 6 of those and weld them all together instead of using exhaust pipe and you wont hear a damn thing! haha
but yes the addition of a resonator will quiet things down.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i sure dont, i know someone has that information somewhere tho. or its floating around online.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when ur cruising its not, but at low rpm and acceleration you can hear it.
i dont even drive fast and u can hear it. my car is now at 700 miles now.
i drive slow.
when u start it up u can hear the exhaust very well.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ lmao
i choose to go the other route quiet instead of loud.
its not a fast car, so i dont want to be going vroooooom vroooooom and only doing 5 mph when it sounds like im going 150 mph.
going for luxury car style where it is very quiet.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I honestly don't see how you're gonna get more quiet than stock. Did you by chance get the TRD muffler and not know it?

When I was fully stock on my exhaust, you could hear the exhaust, but it was no louder than any other car out there with a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Go to Advance Auto Parts and get a Dynomax mufler (if they still carry them). As long as you don't get a "straight through design", it should have a nice low deep tone. I don't think that you exhaust is half as loud as you think it is though. Have somebody drive your car by and you'll see (or hear for that matter). The problem with the xB is that it is not insulated that well from outside noise, or was that your concern - being able to hear the exhaust from inside the car?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.