Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine are sooooo dirty and i went to clean them today and the grease is caked on and won't come off. i even tried to use a toothbrush. is there some kind of degreaser i should use?

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
try the wonder chemical, ... WD-40. Cleans and lubricates! :D

What *doesn't* that stuff do? :p

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
WD-40 (weasel piss) does a great job of taking off the grime and it won't hurt your paint. I use a micro fiber towel every time I wash the Box and I clean the door jams, hinges and underside of the doors. It makes it much easier to keep up with some of the junk that lands on our vehicles.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool cool good to know. you said you clean the bottom of your doors? are your completly painted on the bottom cause mine bearly have any yellow on the bottom?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
yellow_sub said:
cool cool good to know. you said you clean the bottom of your doors? are your completly painted on the bottom cause mine bearly have any yellow on the bottom?
I've never gotten down and looked. I just run the towel over all the metal parts of the inside of the door. I've done it with all my vehicles, keeps the interior looking sweet.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hubbard said:
My wife suggested soaking them in water.
you mean taking off the whole door, removing the hindges and soaking them in water???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.