Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the air filter on my Xb, it looks obvious how to remove by releasing the clips, are we supposed to disconnect the breather clamp from the filter box as well?
Just thought I would ask before I break something!

·
Registered
20 Posts
yea its pretty easy

you just release the front clips on the air box, then you lift up on the upper part of the intake box, slide old one out, and insert the new one in. now in about 10 years, all that plastic stuff will be hard and brittle and will want to just snap. so be careful, but for now there is nothing you can break, just dont disconnect any evap lines, you'll trip a DTC!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trying to be patient .....

Skeeter said:
Are you serious???
I know, I know, sounds pretty lame.... I thought I had it figured out, it looked simple, but then ,I have broken little plastic clips and such in the past, by just going for it, with out actually checking things out first. Its really aggrevating to break something simple on a new car especially, just fiqured I'd ask you guys first.There are allot of sensors and things that are attached, don't want any problems later on because I forced something!
Better to ask questions first!
thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cabin air filter..

I found the cabin air filter and picked one up at the dealer. It installs behind the glove box.you have to remove the glove box to get to its location. I at least figured that one out!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glove box removal....

I opened it up, then applied light pressure to the sides, [ inward ] to release the plastic catches, then it just drops down further and the hinges pull straight out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Autozone can give you a fram or other aftermarket cabin filter. Also, ive heard people putting a dryer sheet on the filter and it keeps the car smelling good. Just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.