Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about wrapping my car and this has to go. It's been on here since I've bought it but the tape and cracking is too much for me now lol.

How do I remove this? What material did they use to secure the latch like this?

I would like to replace it with a black latch and fix the bulbs on the bottom. Maybe upgrade them to a brighter led bulbs.

Whatever they used it's a fingerprint magnet. Excuse the dirty fingerprints, they're all on the bottom of the panel as well and won't come off 馃槫

Any suggestions?
Automotive tire Fixture Bumper Boat Vehicle door
Rectangle Window Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Automotive tire

Registered
Saw a few YouTube videos on replacement, doesn't look that hard, and another video about switching to LED lights. Now sure the policy on posting those in here but worth a look for a cheap fix.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw a few YouTube videos on replacement, doesn't look that hard, and another video about switching to LED lights. Now sure the policy on posting those in here but worth a look for a cheap fix.
I was looking to see how to remove whatever they used to hold the latch to the door. It has bondo or something over it instead of the regular handle, can you see it in my pictures?

Registered
FYI.....if you get it off......there are $35 metal reinforced replacement hatch handles black or painted and also LED replacement license plate pods for $20......from that place, you know the one

Registered
  • open the trunk
  • with a fastener removal tool, remove all the fasteners.
  • remove the trunk cover
  • there should be 2 screws that holds the latch in place that can be removed
  • you can remove the lights and door button and tos the old latch away
  • reverse the steps to install the new latch but with 4 screws instead of 3.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts