Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the spoiler screwed in or is it stuck on with some 3M tape... i want to know

planning to get the oem style but not sure how they are installed ...want to make sure it theft proof...

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
you have to drill into the roof to get it on. it then screws in and also has 3m double sided tape. the fab style wing just uses clips and tape. no drilling required so you maybe better off getting a fab style wing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your saying i can walk up to an xB with a Fab wing and yank if of and run ...

.........hmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
if ya yank it off you'll destroy it. the clips clip on to the hatch which you can only unscrew if the hatch is open. and the factory on can be removed with out the hatch open so actually the fab is harded to steal. just an explanation but i do realize you were joking:p

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
This FAB you guys keep talking about; do they have a website?

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
This FAB you guys keep talking about; do they have a website?
heres a pic of mine.

i got it from bbist.com. he also sells cf ones too. there are a few other people that make it too. this is just where i got mine from.

·
Registered
402 Posts
mine is a m2motoring.....

a friend of mine mounted his oem w doublestick too, he has no issues with it either....you don't have to drill your hatch...it can be done.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
fiberglass one was 175 on sale may be 230 now and the CF one is 320 i believe thats from bbist though i think most others are about the same. remember the fiberglass one comes unpainted and painting it will run you about 160-170. give me a few min here and i'll take some pics of the clips.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a stock style carbon fiber spoiler for sale. It doesnt use the bottom screws like the stock spoilers. It does use the screws on top and you can secure it more firmly with double sided tape.

Now I have another wing. It kind of looks like a fabulous but its not, no idea who makes it. :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
you could pm Mike ma(quadoptix) to purchase the m2motoring.....or authorized m2motoring authorized dealers in your neighborhood.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.