Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a set of projector headlights for my xb and the passenger one is getting moisture in it... ive tryed EVERYTHING!! i even took it compleately apart and re-sealed it and it still fogs up in the front PLEASE HELP!!

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
wow.. me too!!! I was going to try using silicone around the seal. Not sure now since you opened them and resealed them? Did you silicone the seam?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
May be the same problem I had with my fog light. The seal where the light bulb goes in was not set in tight.I would make sure you got a good seal there before you take off the lens and reseal that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i sealed around the turn signal bulb hole

yeah.... i used silicone caulk... and that stoped the water from comin in then i sealed around the turn signal light and that helped the fogging...however it still fogs up sometines.....just a little around the edges....only when its cold....should i go and seal arund where the projector hole is????? well i guess i should try then let you guys know what happens.......does anyone know where to buy clear rear marker lights???? i know how to do the smonked...but i want clear like the rest of the car...if ya know please respond!

·
Registered
201 Posts
first off what u need to do is dry the headlights inside, by either leaving the car out in the sun or using a blow dryer to remove the excess moisture in the housing

then remove the headlights off the car and try to add some silicone around the entire housing where the light meets the lens covers

lots of people has done this and it works, just try to keep it clean, ive seen some bad dirty jobs before

hope this helps

·
Registered
419 Posts
same here . it happen on my projector headlight. but what i did is dry it out in the sun and it disappeared. no sealant needed

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what i did is i took the entire headlight apart, then re-sealed it but while it was apart, i went thrugh the entire light and made sure there was NO water at all before i re-sealed it im not sure what is going on!!!! its buggin the hell out of me i dont know what the hell to do!:mad:

·
Registered
201 Posts
polarproject said:
what i did is i took the entire headlight apart, then re-sealed it but while it was apart, i went thrugh the entire light and made sure there was NO water at all before i re-sealed it im not sure what is going on!!!! its buggin the hell out of me i dont know what the hell to do!:mad:
moisture can get thru the lightbulb seats, maybe u should check the rubber seal on the light bulbs themselves, make sure they are put on straight

other than that the plastic must just be to thin or poreous that moisture juss condenses inside the lights no matter what....hard to trouble shoot when the light isnt in front of me...

...good luck bro

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well....

this sucks....i love the way thease lights look! it hasnt done it in a while....oh well.......i may put the stocks back in and go with H.I.D's:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.