Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that in the honda community it is stupid but how about the scion xb? A buddy of mine said that the scions will be the next civic's. I thought about it but i didnt think the xb's were that big a victom lucky they are slow lol.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I don't know all the statistics, but I imagine civics are stolen more often simply because there are so damn many of them out there ...as well as accords and camrys. IIRC, xBs do not sell near as many as civics.

In the end, I think it has more to with where you live...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know all the statistics, but I imagine civics are stolen more often simply because there are so damn many of them out there ...as well as accords and camrys. IIRC, xBs do not sell near as many as civics.

In the end, I think it has more to with where you live...
I hear that, so cali is a beast!!! lol.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Over the past year, there have been many break-ins not in my close surroundings, but around the larger parts of the city. All it takes is a broken window.

I only know of one person though in this area who's actually had his xB stolen, not saying there aren't more, but most of the people just break in and take stuff.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
tC's are the next Civic. peple just hit the xB's if it's obvious. These cars are easy to get into and easy to steal stuff out. Both my wifes car and mine have stealth( hers more than mine due to the nature of the beast) and the subs won't come out of the car using noting less than a sledgehammer to break them out of the car. Of course there are stupid criminals out there and will bust stuff before they realize it was a waste of effort. Or was it???? They do live that kind of life...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Over the past year, there have been many break-ins not in my close surroundings, but around the larger parts of the city. All it takes is a broken window.

I only know of one person though in this area who's actually had his xB stolen, not saying there aren't more, but most of the people just break in and take stuff.
yeah that is why I ask, because it seems that alot of xb owners have systems and what not so that is one thing I know thieves look for. It is all about being stealth and not blasting your music in your neighbor hood. I do agree the tc will become the new civic, it looks good it can be fast and they are relativly inexpensive. I just didnt know about the xb.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yes, and unfortunately, most people know that people with xB's have a system in them.

When I do my next enclosure, it's gonna be bolted to the frame so it can't be taken....Well....It can be broken, but they're gonna have a heck of a time doing it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Sorry, this is really off-topic, but....

JDMJim, isn't that "Rising Sun" Japanese flag in your avatar a symbol of Japanese Imperialism (i.e. WWII era, Kamikaze, etc.). I always thought that that flag had negative connotations (i.e. similar to Nazi flags). You might be pissing off some American military vets, Chinese, Korean, Filipino, etc, right?

Then again, I could be way off. Maybe you're Japanese and/or have much better knowledge of this than me, so just ignore this if I'm speaking out of my ass :)

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
"Hinomaru" (white background with the "Sun") is the National Japanese flag

"Taiyo" (white background with a "Rising Sun") is the Japanese Naval flag which has been in use till WWII.

"Taiyo" can be deemed offensive to U.S. military veterans, Chinese, Korean, Filipino.

Since I'm a Japanese/American, I can be deemed offensive to either side.
I heard all the slurs you can imagine, while growing up in Japan, and also here State side. Remember Hiroshima, remember Pearl Harbor? well, :confused:

But then again, I use to see those "Rising Sun" shirts in the 80's, but that was different right?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Since I'm a Japanese/American, I can be deemed offensive to either side.
I heard all the slurs you can imagine, while growing up in Japan, and also here State side. Remember Hiroshima, remember Pearl Harbor? well, :confused:
That is f'd up that people would say stuff like that too you. They have got to be some ig'nant mf'ers.

I didn't mean all things Japanese should be offensive. I just meant the symbolism of that specific Taiyo flag. I am def no history major, but I just always thought the rising sun flag symbolized Imperialist Japan era... something kinda embarrasing about the past... sorta like our confederate flag or something. I didn't know they were still using it as a naval flag. Interesting...That's good to know.

But then again, I use to see those "Rising Sun" shirts in the 80's, but that was different right?
Yeah, what was up with that? I was too young in the 80s to question it, but I do remember seeing it alot. I guess everyone wanted to be like Ralph Macchio!:D

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
first 2 weeks i had my xb. my bumper got stolen and a tire. so yeah. no biggie though. just have a GOOD alarm with a pager, brake locks, tinted windows, wheel locks, a black mamba on your sriver seat and flamer throwers underneath all the doors when it's bein broken into. after the wheel locks, the rest is optional. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Worried about your system. if it isnt too crazy do like I did.

DVD/Nav unit hidden behinds modified scion radio faceplate;

Sub/Amp box that when the cargo mat is in place looks stock;

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
I didn't know they were still using it as a naval flag. Interesting...That's good to know.

Yeah, what was up with that? I was too young in the 80s to question it, but I do remember seeing it alot. I guess everyone wanted to be like Ralph Macchio!:D
sorry i meant, the navy is not using that flag anymore.
and ralph macchio.......thats funny :D

okay, T/J ova!

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
okay, back to the topic.

i only know of only 3 xb that has been jacked.

i believe that the SCION community is a tight knit group.
we pretty much know each other from clubs to shows to just being friends, and with that, we can watch each others back.
if i see "someone" lurking ova my brothers ride, i will def. see whats up.

not only that, but if you were to buy "used parts", from a private party, ask questions why they are selling it, and etc, etc... you know what i mean. ;)
if later on you hear, or read on some "forums" that someone got thier ride jacked, you can ask and find out what aftermarket item was on that ride, and keep your ears and eyes opened. it will surface close by, if not to your neigborhood. then take appropiate action.

when i bought my MKIII's, i made sure i went to his house, had him sign a reciept w/ I.D., had dinner with his family, and watched PRIDE fighting on a big screen tv.
okay, only the first two is sufficent enough.

if jerks wanna risk grand theft for an xb, then they must be stupid then a bag of nails. then again there are couple of bag of nails in nocal and socal.

if you had yur ride ripped, then put out a list of your goodies. if it surfaces, then set'em up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
okay, back to the topic.

i only know of only 3 xb that has been jacked.

i believe that the SCION community is a tight knit group.
we pretty much know each other from clubs to shows to just being friends, and with that, we can watch each others back.
if i see "someone" lurking ova my brothers ride, i will def. see whats up.

not only that, but if you were to buy "used parts", from a private party, ask questions why they are selling it, and etc, etc... you know what i mean. ;)
if later on you hear, or read on some "forums" that someone got thier ride jacked, you can ask and find out what aftermarket item was on that ride, and keep your ears and eyes opened. it will surface close by, if not to your neigborhood. then take appropiate action.

when i bought my MKIII's, i made sure i went to his house, had him sign a reciept w/ I.D., had dinner with his family, and watched PRIDE fighting on a big screen tv.
okay, only the first two is sufficent enough.

if jerks wanna risk grand theft for an xb, then they must be stupid then a bag of nails. then again there are couple of bag of nails in nocal and socal.

if you had yur ride ripped, then put out a list of your goodies. if it surfaces, then set'em up.

Good stuff man, I cant wait to get and xb!!!! I hate how the honda community is so big and diverse it really sucks. Oh and pride fighting is awsome FEDOR!!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh yeah, petty vandalism is something that seems to happen every now and then. It seemed a lot worse when the xB first came out. I was alwats hearing/reading all kinds of stories about being keyed, etc. I even had my xB egged.

Fast forward a few years later, I don't hear it too much anymore. Now that people are used to seeing xBs (they don't really turn heads anymore), they seem less of a target.

Although, there will always be those few idiots that see a nicely fixed up xB and want to mess with it, but that comes with the territory of trying to stand out I guess - no matter what car.

Don't worry too much. Just get an xB before they gone, gone, gone!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.