Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few local clubs for Scion owners, but I never see or hear anything about a local gathering other than the occasional (read: RARE) car show or import meet.
Another user on SL asked about this as well, so I decided to check and see if there were any others who might be interested in some sort of a local gathering. There are a few new pizza places that have sprung up on the north side of Houston/Willowbrook area that have some nice big parking lots. I am sure they wouldn't mind allowing a group of Scion owners to bring their cars and have a meet in their parking lot. It would almost guarantee them some added business. If there are more than one or two takers who respond to this, and/or a similar post on SL, I will start making some contacts at the local pizza places and see if I can get something organized.
Anyone interested???

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
It seems like car shows and meets are kinda seasonal in Houston. January to the end of summer. I'm south of Houston in League City, there are weekly mostly classic car meets in two spots of Friday and Saturday nights.

Places like Cali seem to have shows every weekend.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You might check out HoustonImports.com for local Tuner car gatherings. I think there are several different areas and groups that have them on weekends. They wont be all Scions but thats ok. Car shows coming up are the Houston Autorama this weekend. Import Faceoff San Antonio I think Dec. 17th. There should also be a Houston Import Faceoff in probably Jan, or Feb at Gulf Greyhound Park. IFO website isnt posting 2007 events yet but I think thats about the right time. DailyDrifter.com is another local group if you are into drifting. IFO show and drift events usually get posted there as well. As for Houston Scion clubs...the largest is Scikotics.

·
Registered
229 Posts
depending where your are an who your freindly with also plays a part. TSE has done alot of things wit the import community an ATS motorsports. we have tried to keep the scion scene open but everytime we do certain individuals/ small groups of people always keep it divide when we actually get a huge scion meet an greet up. most the shows that we hit are seasonal/summer time. the winter time is when it gets slow an its time to redo alot of things an switch out our mods/lightings/tires/rims/paint/ fix things up for next year. or even add new things. scikotics might be a large group but TSE is doing it big an getting our name out in other parts of tx rather than just htown. we do go to out of town shows even if they include paris tx way north of dallas. an way down south to south padre. rather than being stuck in htown we do hit up the the import meets along wit the other import clubs out there. but if u wanna do somthing hit up tonys pizzeria on the nw side. or when topfuel has another event on that side of town let us know wats up ill talk to my crew an get some guys out there we are always down to show our rides off an get our grub on.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Newbie to the club here. I just recently puchased my xB and drive it alot from the Northeast side of Houston (59 & Beltway 8) all the way to Galveston. (where I work) I am interested in hookin' up with you guys if possible and checkin' out your rides. I need ideas for mine. If you guys decide to meet let me know.
New to the forums so it might be wiser to e-mail me: [email protected]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Iron_Lion_Scion said:
Newbie to the club here. I just recently puchased my xB and drive it alot from the Northeast side of Houston (59 & Beltway 8) all the way to Galveston. (where I work) I am interested in hookin' up with you guys if possible and checkin' out your rides. I need ideas for mine. If you guys decide to meet let me know.
New to the forums so it might be wiser to e-mail me: [email protected]
We are in the process of putting together an event in the Humble civic center for March. As the show developes I will post more info.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Sweet I know excatly where that's at. I used to live in Humble when they were in the process of building that. The exact year has escaped me, but it was mid 90's I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts