Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with their xB like I do, or if they could give me some advice.
I have a 2006 xB automatic, with 3,000 miles on it. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and do mainly city driving (90% of the time). My gas mileage is horrible. I average 20 mpg on every fill up. The only one that was "high" was 27 mpg on the first tank (factory fill up).
I have also noticed that my xB constantly brakes itself while I am accelerating, and accelerates when I am braking. The other day I came to a stop at a traffic light and the xB was at 1,500 rpm, and jerking forward while I was braking. I've taken it to the dealer twice, and they tell me that it is "in spec." If things don't improve, I'm thinking about using the Pennsylvania Lemon Law on them.
Any help, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Sounds like your car is not warming up. It's been cold and that wrecks fuel economy. I think I just pulled 18 or 19 on my fill up today. If the engine isn't in its optimum temp range you're not going to get optimum fuel economy. Plus winter fuel blends are nowhere near as powerful as summer blends.

A cold engine/transmission will hold a lower gear causing more engine braking and will use a higher idle.

Now if this is happening once the engine is warm you're looking at something else as an issue.

Hope that helps.

-Alex

·
Registered
57 Posts
1500 rpm and jerking forward sure doesn't sound "in spec" to me, but I don't have a clue. As far as fuel efficiency goes, an awful lot depends on what sort of driving you do. When I do lots of short trips with lots of hills, stop signs, and traffic signals, my fuel efficiency really takes a hit. Also, it would be a good idea to check your tire pressure. Factory's 29 psi, but you can run it a good bit higher than that and it'll help out some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.