Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I are in the market for a low mileage 2nd generation Scion Xb but we're finding it extremely difficult to locate a nice one, at least in Northern Arizona. Every time we do find one it has 130,000 miles on it, or it's completely trashed. We especially like the later models in white or silver and we're hoping to find one with less than 50k miles, which I realize is nothing for the Toyota engine and transmission.

We did some research on them and from what we've heard and seen, they appear to be super reliable albeit quirky cars. I like the quirky part as much as the reliability part. I've been a big Toyota fan for years so I know a lot about the powertrain already.

Well, I'm about to delve into all the sections of the forum and do some reading but I'd appreciate any helpful links anyone wants to pass along.

Thanks,

Ed & Karla

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Look for a 2011 or later as Some of the early ones had an oil burning issue. My 2010 didn’t start having that issue till about 170k miles. (Toyota changed the piston design. Issue was oil drain holes behind the oil ring. Too small and too few.) Always serviced at Toyota since new. Got it with 1 mile on it.

Reactions: SCI0N Xb

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 xB in white with 45k miles, that I'll be posting in the classifieds soon. I am the original owner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts