Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 XB- the hood is stuck closed completely. The cable is out and we have cut away part of the grill to try to gain access. No luck with all attempts. Scheduled a mobil mechanic but he canceled when he heard the details. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I replaced the cable and hood latch. The ONLY way to access the lever that you must push forward is from under the vehicle. You must remove the plastic guards from the front of the car. Looking up towards the hood latch, look for the release spring? Still attached? from the spring, look left 3 inches and down 1 inch and your in the area that you must push forward the release mechanism. You can only see about an 1/8 of an inch of the very end of the push forward lever. NEW PARTS HELPED OUT ALOT! Look at the way its mounted and functions? i took a sturdy metal rod and pushed up on the lever from under the car and have an assistant pull open the hood. You need some patience and luck but it can be done! The lever your looking for in right above the left cooling fan shroud. Use the edge of the shroud as guidance and if you have a right angle bend to your rod then JUST PUSH RIGHT ALONG THE FAN SHROUD AND PULL UP ON THE HOOD?? The design is backwards is SUCKS! Your cable has to bent back into itself and I ended zip tying the end down from coming out of the groove.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts