Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not really sure if this is the right thread to post this on but here it goes...So a couple of weeks ago ive noticed that my horn was honking at a higher pitch. I didnt really pay attention to it cus it sounded kinda funny.. 2 days ago i tried to honk and yet no sound.. lol ... the changing of tone on the horn was a sign of it about to F*** up.. so now i went to this auto parts and bought a " Wolo " horn
( http://store01.prostores.com/autobarndeals/catalog/WOL380-2T.jpg ).. says its twice as loud than reg. horns, but theres only one way to find out.. on saturday will be repairing day... anybody have any tips on installing the new horn?? id appreciate any thoughts.. :D Cheaaaa!!!

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
wow

that's unusual, id check the stock horns first yeah i said horns Plural
there behind the bumper. also locate and check the horn relay to see if it is fried. and if you need Ive got stock horns id sell cheap. i replaced mine with Dual HELLA horns 118 db one 300mhz low and one 500mhz high for about 55 dollars they are all metal housing from Germany same as on some Porsche's talk about get out of way people don't try and back into me any more from parking stalls :D

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's unusual, id check the stock horns first yeah i said horns Plural
there behind the bumper. also locate and check the horn relay to see if it is fried. and if you need Ive got stock horns id sell cheap. i replaced mine with Dual HELLA horns 118 db one 300mhz low and one 500mhz high for about 55 dollars they are all metal housing from Germany same as on some Porsche's talk about get out of way people don't try and back into me any more from parking stalls :D

maybe cus i have an alarm system installed.. and i dont live in the safest place.. ( south central l.a ) so my alarm goes off constantly.. but yeah... its two horns?? think with one ( link provided.. ) will do??? or will i need a second one??.. just curious.. :) ahh yeah.. one more thing... where would i find the horn relay???

·
Registered
144 Posts
most auto horns are subjuct to corosion to some degree...on the back of the part should be a screw...just reach up and turn the screw a bit one way or the other and try honking it again...usually works to fix it. if ya need more info on the how's and why's PM me and i'll be happy to explain further:D

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt need a horn for the longest. i use my p.a. system.:D
yeh.... i was thinking of buying an extra cupholder.. install it right under the power mirror controls and placing an air horn there.. but ehh... i want something easier to reach.. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Love the horns. Where did you have to put all the parts. Also, are these so loud that you could actually be ticketed for "being over the legal decibil" limit?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
if u crawl under the back of ur xb u ll see were the only room is under there to mount them things is.
Yes there legal as long as u dont honk near a cop lol just depends how u use them
i had some one pull out in front of me at a innersection and used them and a cop was sittin at the innersection across from me the cop saw the guy pull out in front of me and gave me a thumbs up for honkin at him cause the guy was talkin on his cell phone so he deserved it the cop agreed :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
What did this set up cost? I was telling someone a few weeks back....20 years ago i had a vw bug and i put an air horn that truckers use. It was almost comical, and what you got is even way above that.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
um like $600:eek: always wanted these for like 4 yrs tho thought it would be neat to put train horns on the xb since it totally catches eveyone off guard when u honk them people look around for a big rig dont see one. Hornblasters.com is were i got the horns u can get these horns which are freakin loud for there size if u want a good air for decent price
http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?item=PSY2

·
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so umm yeah.. back to me... lol... any tips on replacing the 2 old horns with theh new ones??? :D

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
i need to get me one of those hornblasters kit...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ugly frog I think you’ve lost them

lol

C ‘mon guys focus. . . HOW do you switch out the OEM horns with aftermarket ones?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:rolleyes: im sorry i thread jacked ur thread / To change them out you ll need to take ur bumper screws on the side by tires and i think if i remenber theres like 4bolts under the front of it then pop ur hood take the little clips off that hold ur top grill off remove ur grill then take the 4 bolts off the top of ur bumper. Then it will pop off theres 2 parts of the bumber that clip into the headlight housin just pull carefully and it will come off there. Sounds like alot of work but its not that bad to get it off should have it off in like 15mins .Then u will see ur little toy horns bolted to the bumper(most of the bolts are 10mm few are 8mm if remember correctly) but u just bolt up ur new horns and hook ur wire that went to the old horns to the new ones.Have Fun good weekend project:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.