Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. Currently I have H&R Race springs, and I love the way they handle.... BUT the front just never dropped the whole 2 inches as advertised, so the front is higher than the rear, which bothers me big time. (don't have any pics on my Mac since my PC died).

But it is noticeable, there's no gap in the back, and front there's about 2.5 fingers worth.

So how can I drop the front some more? New front springs? I don't really want to do that and give up the spring rates. Or new shocks? Will that drop my front at least a half inch?

Cliff notes: What ways can I drop the front of my car more?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Ive been wanting to cut 1 full coil on the front s-tech spring, just don't have enough time to do it, and with the wheel set up i'm running before, I might rub. As soon as I get my new wheels, and see if theres room without rubbing, I will cut the coil!!!:eek: :eek: :D

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
cut em! i cut 2 coils off of my front Spy springs before I 'bagged my xB. They are dead coils anyway, and dont do much. Just make sure to take them off the bottom, not the top.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
randode said:
cut em! i cut 2 coils off of my front Spy springs before I 'bagged my xB. They are dead coils anyway, and dont do much. Just make sure to take them off the bottom, not the top.
did you run it with stock strut? bump stop cutted? how much?
thanks!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I was going to cut my tein's untill I looked at them, I don't see how you could cut the bottoms of them, they would slip off the perch. Maybe the top since they are are stuffed up into a hole with nowhere to go. There are no tight wound coils in the front with Teins, leaving no safe coils to cut.

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
sid said:
did you run it with stock strut? bump stop cutted? how much?
thanks!!
stock strut, bump stop chopped in half.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.