Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm definitely gonna get one of these, so help me out...I want as good ride quality as possible with a 3.5" + drop.

I like HKS Hipermax C-compact because it's got a greater range of height adjustability: stock to 4" down. Plus the soft spring rates should make for a great ride. Drawback, not compatible with Cusco camber plates (a must).

Cusco Zero-Wagons have height adjustability independant of spring perch up front, so no loss in suspension travel. Drops as low as HKS. Comes with camber plates. Drawback, can't raise to stock height and they have a stiffer spring rate (harsher ride?).

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hmm i think i would go with Cusco. the spring rates arent too much different and you probably wont notice too much of a difference if you run on the Borbets still. Plus you can also adjust camber which is a cool little feature. The height thing wouldnt bother me, as you could just swap OEM springs in if you need the height. You can still raise it a little with Cusco.

By chance, what are you doing with the Blitz setup? If so, could you PM me price on that.

Thanks
Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Cusco, who would want to be at stock height.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scotty, I had a local guy interested in the Blitz even before I was ready to sell them. When my gf's car was hit in a crazy police chase, we needed to share a car for a couple of months, so it was a chance for me to go back to stock and start over....

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Misterflipper said:
Ever checked into progress' coilovers?
I actually have, but there seems to be not enough feedback yet - the supposed soft ride sounds good to me, but I heard you can only drive it safely at 3" (even with the rears). I want something with a good ride past 3" down. For Progress at $700 plus a set of quality rear shocks ($200 Konis) and camber plates ($200), the costs are prety close to Cusco....

·
Registered
212 Posts
hks ride like sex, just don't expect to be able to get too much camber :mad: :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey Rico the Cusco's i ordered should be here sometime today...i'll let you know how they ride once they're on :D

JC

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome JC! Def let me know :)

Erick, thanks for that review you sent me :) Helps a lot, I think I am really, really leaning towards Cusco right now...I've got my finger o the trigger :p

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats cool about the Blitz Rico. No biggie.

I agree Cuscos sound like you're best bet still. I wish I had the money for these kinda things. *sigh* Be sure to post a review of how ya likem if you gettem!

Scotty

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im just saying im riding my progress coilovers and seriously the ride is amazing before you make a purchase i think you should talk to jeff aka lip...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
misterflipper, is there any way you could measure from apex of front fender *highest point* to the ground. id like to know how much more i could go down going with progress vs. my current sagging DF210s. also, if anyone else with coilovers could do this for me, itd b greatly appreciated!

thanks
scotty

·
Registered
63 Posts
hehe..i have work this weekend so i might not have them on til Monday/Tuesday...but they are quality...almost too nice to put on the car lol

JC

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.