Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to AutoZone to look for bulb condoms, they didn't have any, but in the clearance box i find this...


Its a high mount led bar, it was on clearance for $6.99 so how could i pass it up. so probably today when i get off work, i'll try and install it...pics to come...I got this idea from Padanky...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay so here it is, it came out better than i though it would. I just have to secure the wires a little better on the iside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
I LIKE it! Cool look, stretches out the back end. Good work!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Great cheap mod. We get caught up in suspension and wheels that we forget about the small things that can set us apart.
Looks Good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next i want to get one that goes between the bottom of the hatch and the bumper. I'll probably be going back today to see if they have any more... Or maybe I'll look for the ones that go on pickups...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe 10 min...since i've taken the brake light off before. i had to go back and adjust the bar after i put it in, because it was pointing down a little.

FYI: on the oem plug the white with black stripe wire is the - and the other, green i think, is the +.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not familliar with shazzy.
 

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
LOL, sorry, forgot the N...I ment Shnazzy.

as in the old person term for 'groovy' which is the middle-aged person term for 'cool' which is my term for whatever kids say nowadays...wow I feel old and I'm only 21
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
Sir said:
LOL, sorry, forgot the N...I ment Shnazzy.

as in the old person term for 'groovy' which is the middle-aged person term for 'cool' which is my term for whatever kids say nowadays...wow I feel old and I'm only 21
Sam, I've got socks older than you. I think the light bar is the cat's meow...the bees knees...it's Boss, it's Bad, it's cool, it's righteous, it's hot...I'll shut up now.
 

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Sam, I've got socks older than you. I think the light bar is the cat's meow...the bees knees...it's Boss, it's Bad, it's cool, it's righteous, it's hot...I'll shut up now.
LOL. The bees knees??

Looks good. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd say its about 15"...Yea i took everything off. So the rectangle hole is still there, i haven't thought about how to cover it up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
My Auto Zone doesn't have them....:( I was all ready to copy your idea. Bummer. I wanted to be shazzy too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Its great when you find something in the 'Bargin Bin', that can be made into something cool, looks great! ...Uh, I mean, 'Shazzy'
 

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
Joined
·
1,947 Posts
damn skippy you all wanna be 'shazzy'. I think I have invented an new word ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
My Auto Zone doesn't have them....:( I was all ready to copy your idea. Bummer. I wanted to be shazzy too!
Search these product #'s on ebay for some other possibilities/ideas:

190020346842
230018138495
220017503958
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Big_Kokujin said:
I'd say its about 15"...Yea i took everything off. So the rectangle hole is still there, i haven't thought about how to cover it up...
Killer.

What did you mount the bar too...the metal frame or ???
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top