Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a high end audio system. and i was wondering what yall were doing to your own systems. or have done.

please no SPL if possible. this is for sound quality.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well IVe ran a few diffrent setups in the XB...
My first setup was an Alphasonik system that consisted of 2 12inch 800 seris subs with a 3000 watt amp. Alphasonik componetsna dn another amp for it..
Second setup was a PowerBAss setup which consisted of 2 12s on the 2XL line, a 1500d amp and a 500 amp for componetns...
My third and most extreme is 4 15s on the 3XL line..2 3000 watt amps, 3 pairs of 6.5 components, 3 pairs of tweeters and some other odds and ends

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Valor Multimedia

Starting with the head unit I run a Valor Multimedia DDA660 WT. It has dvd/mp3/tv tuner/touch screen/voice command/bluetooth/5.1 dolby dig surround/full eq and is NAV ready just to mention a few. I backed it up with Cadence Z series components/wildbeast 4ohm subs and thier Tx series amps for a crystal clear system with nice bump. Ckeck it on www.scionpro.com.or just click on my profile to see apic of the setup.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Pistons' Webpage...

I really like all the attention to detail and effort you put into your stereo install. Looks really awesome.
What did you do for your rear windows, did you use a limo tint?

I am thinking of attemting to work with some fiberglass, what types/brands of materials can you advise me to use for the same kind of projects? This will be my first time to attempt this,maybe you can save me some troubles? Would greatly appreciate any info you could pass along!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
door pods

Yes the front door pods(shown in my gallery) are for sale on a per order basis in your choice of colors for $250 for the pair and the back doors for 180 for the pair. No mods are required to mount them other then cutting out the factory speaker grill on the front doors. There are two 6.5 mids and two crossovers per panel. The pods do not include the audio components for this price although i can reproduce this set up with components for $650.The rear windows are limo tinted. The center of the rear box is done with a plexi oval with my logo etched in it. Under that is a checkered air tank display with 4 colormorphics 16.7 million color light sticks inside. It looks like a lightning storm at night. Glad you like it it took some crazy hours!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Wow!

Awesome job on the install! bet it did take some serious time to complete!
But well worth it!

·
Registered
873 Posts
im looking at a high end audio system. and i was wondering what yall were doing to your own systems. or have done.

please no SPL if possible. this is for sound quality.
bump back to your topic. i'm curious too to see if there's others who put in systems for quality not for da BOOOOOMMM!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have the fancy installation but I bought good some good parts to get the best sound possible without the big budget. I have Vifa 1" aluminum dome tweeters in the dash. I have Dayton Reference Series 7" mids in the doors. I have Elemental Designs 13.Ov2 12" subs in the back. I'm running Hifonics amps which do pretty good but they don't sound as smooth as the Alpines they replaced (sad story).

The whole system sounds very good considering it all looks OEM except for the sub box. It's not audiophile but it's definitely high quality.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I keep it super simple. Polk SR6500's and Momo 8 runn thru a Kenwood Excelon deck(not a 2DIN) and 5 channel Kenwood amp. Big sound that's really cheap, for me anyway

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes that was quite a while ago. To bad they moved and stopped doing that.

Jason
I think it was '04 not sure what month. One of my buddies works for Image and they have been kicking around the idea of having the shows again. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
This is one of the pics I took of your car.

·
Registered
382 Posts
wow, I guess that was quite a while ago. my system had changed up a few times since that point, and then I sold it.

By the way your stereo is quite nice. I was digging the custom welded amp racks.

Jason
Thanks Jason,
There was a few years where after being ripped off by a so called friend that I didn't want or trust anyone to do install work on my car untill I met the guy who does all my work now. After seeing his work through every stage I wont go to anyone else.
He is going to be redoing the rack under the passenger seat so that it will hold two of the Tru Billet amps stacked and turned sideways so that the amp controls can be adjusted from under the seat.
I cant wait to get the second amp in and the alpine 701 so I can start tweaking. :)
Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.