Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if a HID kit would work OK if i replaced the regular bulb with a hid inside the projector anybody done this???:rolleyes:

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i gt my hid for 239 shipped. and they're awesome. but he asked about running a hid kit in the fake projector housing headlights that are everywhere for the xb's.

you can , i've seen one where the cutoff was nice , the rest have all been pooish looking.

make sure the bulbs you buy have the anti glare shields built in it helps with cutoff.

the cheapo glass dome "projectors" sold for xB's suck bunghole. in all honesty.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i tried them out in my projectors b4 i got rid of them. its ok. but still light output wasnt very good. i went and stuck em in my stock headlights and were fantastic

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
try this

polarproject said:
i was wondering if a HID kit would work OK if i replaced the regular bulb with a hid inside the projector anybody done this???:rolleyes:
Dan read this thread completly and it will answer your ?'s includes club discount:) :)
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f30/2160-f1spec-hid-kits-free-relay-harness/?highlight=lighting

frankenscion what color did ya get projectors and hids got pics lit up???

hot box please explain "fake projectors" both polar and i have Sonars which i thought were authentic???

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
maybe

its a 90 deg bulb for projector. pretty sure its 9006 you can see the number on pigtail housing. i think the high beams are h1,s but im not sure on them cant see till removal take a peek:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.