Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im buying a set of HID's, i have the anzo pojector wich only take h3 bulbs.or should i just buy the h4 kit for the stockers?
just confused about wich one is gonna look better.:confused: :confused:
any opinions?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've ran both, I liked the OEM lights w/ HID's better. But, I had the non-adjustable Dual Halo's.

OEM>Dual Halo's Only pic I have of the projectors, they look good on the wall 5ft away, anything further just had empty spots and didn't make a clean pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've ran both, I liked the OEM lights w/ HID's better. But, I had the non-adjustable Dual Halo's.

OEM>Dual Halo's Only pic I have of the projectors, they look good on the wall 5ft away, anything further just had empty spots and didn't make a clean pattern.
OK... putting HIDs in my xB is something I've wanted since nearly day 1. *BUT* I want to be sure that i'm not going to void the extended warranty. And I'm not totally sure I understand all the procedure. In some advertisements, I'm led to believe that I just need to replace the lamp, in others there's an external power supply and lamp.

Could anyone give me a little guidance please?

Thanks!
jack

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You could run a fog light harness, and run them like fog lights to avoid possibly screwing up the Harnesses.

·
Registered
352 Posts
HID's in stock housing look very nice. As long as you get an Anti Glare Shield on the HID bulb, then you will have a very good cutoff and wont blind people...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
True^^ I had IS300 bulbs with painted bulbs that blocked unwanted glare.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
D2R bulbs I think. An OEM HID bulb from IS300. Around $250 a bulb from dealer.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
are you talking about bi-xenon, i know some bmw they have self leveling projectors..the telescoping ones?
Just the basic OEM HID bulb, the BMW's have a flap inside the light assembly that opens to let out more light making them bi-xenon the bulb itself doesn't light up any brighter. This being up to '05, I'm not sure if the new bodystyles have changed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.