Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I had a couple questions. I'm thinking about switching to an HID headlight set up. I'm looking for a reliable kit for high/low beams.

this is what I have in mind so far.

http://www.hidguy.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=959_961_990_1002&products_id=1145

Kit doesn't come with resistors, and doesn't seem to need them? Any one have this kit or a similar one? How well do they work? any thoughts on running without a resistor set up? How much more complicated does running resistors make the install?

What kits are you guys using?

·
Registered
762 Posts
By resistors do you mean relay? I have a similar kit with digital slim ballasts which are also plug and play (cheap ebay kit). This kit will directly replace the OEM lamps the only exception is that the lamp it plugged into the ballast and the ballast is plugged into the existing connector. There is no relay required.

Have you thought about retrofitting instead of doing plug and play? HIDs in stock housings produce an incredible amount of glare and I've been flashed a few times by other drivers (see pic). I have my retrofitted kit coming in soon that I bought from another member here on CxB.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Dual Halo Sonars with DDM Tuning HID 6000K kit (Full Size Ballasts) and couldn't be happier. I love the look/light output. $40 for the set, shipping takes about a week and a half since the product comes from China, Lifetime warranty. Tried to post pics, but since I'm new to ClubxB (first post!) I need to be more social before I can do that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.