Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm considering a HID kit 6K or 8K into the stock head light housing. Has anybody have any issues with any kits over other kits?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I'm running 8ks in my headlisghts and bB fogs. No problems here.

Reactions: AzCajita

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hit this guy up

I have the Hella HID kit at 6000K I like it. The best temperature for the optimal visibility is 4,800K I believe. There are so many HID kits without the wiring that are bunk. I have used Catz, and Hella and have had NO problems with my stock housing. Just a little bright for oncoming traffic but NO tickets and no troubles. The stock housing is reflexive so it may be a bit glary. I would make sure that it comes with a whole wiring kit not just the balasts. This guy Kenny Lin has a great set up.
Kenny Lin
213-380-3187 phone
213-880-2666 cell phone
[email protected]
tell him that Mas from RRR sent ya. (that's me) A bunch of my friends have got his kits and NO problems. His kit comes with a 1 year warranty. Hope this helps. Again I wouldn't go with any higher than 6000K.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am running McCulloch 5000k HID's in my mine. Only Low Beam. I opted not to get the Hi/LO Kit. I am running is in my stock housing and don't get much glare since the Kit I have has the shield that blocks the glare.

If you are interested in the McCulloch HID kits let me know. I have a friend that get them directly from McCulloch.

I also use this kit in my Solara.. have had it for 4 yrs and no problems...
I can also get them in pretty any temp kit... 4k 5k 6k 8k 10k and even 12k...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing that worries me about converting to HID is the ballasts! I noticed that the F1 Spec Kit at 365 Motorwerks states that ballasts are completely waterproof. Maybe I'm worring to much since this would be my first HID kit! I really appreciate all your help so far and let me know if I should be worried about the ballasts?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The only thing that worries me about converting to HID is the ballasts! I noticed that the F1 Spec Kit at 365 Motorwerks states that ballasts are completely waterproof. Maybe I'm worring to much since this would be my first HID kit! I really appreciate all your help so far and let me know if I should be worried about the ballasts?
Most kits now a day are water proof. Just like the McCulloch the ballast is completely water proof...
Also the McCulloch's are complete plug and play.. It comes with everything ready for install.

If you like I can take pics of my HID once I get a chance.
Feel free to five me a call if you have any other questions.

626-922-5685

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.