Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone put HIDs in the dual projector halo headlights? curious to see what it looks like and what the light quality is. also if anyone has put luminics or any other higher quality bulb in it i am interested. i just have basic sylvannia 9005 and 9006 bulbs.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
thats a darn good question. the light output on mine is not all that great. bu then again we didn't get them for output. well at least i didn't i just got them for looks.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I know some people who put Luminics in them and they all said it didn't make much of a difference. The dual's just don't have that great of output, period.

like Yellow Sub said though, we get them for looks mainly anyway :D

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
with the duals, they have a cut off shield in the projector itself. i've heard that some peeps have taken them out for more light distribution, but i have not heard really much on that.

ive had LUMINICSBULBS.com in my projectors before, and it made only a slight diff.

like james said, i went more for the looks.

i believe that padanky did a HID conversion on his duals. theres a post here on CLUBxB.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ThunderGod said:
i believe that padanky did a HID conversion on his duals. theres a post here on CLUBxB.

Yes, I did.
M3 BMW HID's.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
the brave little toaster said:
padanky did you remove that shield? or is the headlight the same as you received?
Same as I recieved it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i think if you really do HID you gotta adjust that cutoff.

-Padanky, the bulbs from the M3 are D2S's? either way, how'd you make them fit nicely into the socket?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
R_lilbox said:
i think if you really do HID you gotta adjust that cutoff.

-Padanky, the bulbs from the M3 are D2S's? either way, how'd you make them fit nicely into the socket?

You take the little piece with the three screws off and you sandwich the bulb between the black piece and the light housing.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I got all the parts from a wrecked M3 that I worked on. They were free for me. To buy the parts seperate it would cost around $1200.

·
Registered
219 Posts
damn free? luckyyyy. ^^^^ if you get HID's though, running them without a projector is a lot of light on the road. it's just more focused and it's nice having that much more light. believe me when i drive my other car, the visibility is so much better and worth it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
oh yea ... HID in the stock headlight is the best super bright.

all the street sign, stop, all that stuff glow like they are neon lited

if you dont have hid you should ge them $200-400 for an after market kit.

dont buy the made in chinda crap.. german & japan are good

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i guess im one of the few that dont complain about the light output of the projectors? i like it for the look and style. HID will improve that lighting and just give a higher ooo and ahh affect to it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i didnt have a problem wit it at first the look is good. but ive noticed everyone around here started to get them an then ive noticed when i drive at nights i tend to hit the fog lights an use them as well. even with an upgraded bulb its ok but i need more LIGHT.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I know someone who put HID's in the halo projector headlights and its a huge difference in output.

My husband has those eyebrow halo lights right now and we cant even see the light on the road!! They suck for out put IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.