·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome aboard man!

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Having grown up in IL north of Chicago, I'm fairly used to rude impatient drivers but some of these just beat all. Twice last week I had people slow down, purposely get behind me and turn their brights on. Once I flashed my brights and they figured out they were stupid they moved back over and backed off. As a courtesy you would think they would just flash their brights to see if I had mine on but I guess not around here. Everyone is in a rush nowadays.
I hate it when people do that. It makes me so mad.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I know the chameleon paint made by PPG is pricey. From what we were told, this paint is about half the cost of that. Hopefully I won't have to find out for awhile.
Having grown up in IL north of Chicago, I'm fairly used to rude impatient drivers but some of these just beat all. Twice last week I had people slow down, purposely get behind me and turn their brights on. Once I flashed my brights and they figured out they were stupid they moved back over and backed off. As a courtesy you would think they would just flash their brights to see if I had mine on but I guess not around here. Everyone is in a rush nowadays.
Where abouts in north of chicago? I used to live in Highwood,lake forest,Highland park,Mundelien and Ivanhoe.

cyas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I grew up in Grayslake and then spent the rest of my time in Lindenhurst and Lake Villa. Spent a lot of time in all the towns you mentioned. I especially miss pizza from the Silo but I have friends that bring me one when they come visit. Moved to Missouri when I married my husband 4 years ago. He was from Missouri and hated living up there.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I grew up in Grayslake and then spent the rest of my time in Lindenhurst and Lake Villa. Spent a lot of time in all the towns you mentioned. I especially miss pizza from the Silo but I have friends that bring me one when they come visit. Moved to Missouri when I married my husband 4 years ago. He was from Missouri and hated living up there.
Way cool! I spent a lot of time in lake Villa,Have a Good friend there. Grayslake was just up the road from us. Small world! i left there in 95 before the big building boom up north. used to be so quiet up that way!
Anywho, Welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Definitely not quiet anymore. Traffic is terrible. All my family including my 3 kids still live up that way so we visit quite often. The van club I belong to is out of Waukegan. Toll charges are ridiculous now. I'm glad I still know the area well - we've figured out what roads to take to WI without having to pay any.
Everyone sure seems nice in these forums. It's quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
welcome

Rs4's paint jobs are the coolist i love the color change. and by the way sometimes they dont properly aim the headlights at the factory thus the flashers check if to high ;) ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.