Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been wanting an XB for a couple of years now but had to pay off some bills and sell my Safari van. Finally did it this fall and brought home our 1st XB Saturday. Had planned to order one in Salsa Red this winter but the 4.0 was just too kewl to not have. So much room for such a little car. I think we're going to love owning it!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats, nice color CHOICE! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the best place to learn.
and verry good choice of colors.....Where's the Pics?;)

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Sweet!! Welcome to ClubxB. I noticed you live in Excelsior Springs. I'm thinking that's close to KC/ Belton right?? That's where I live. If you need any help with your B let me know.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
ThunderGod said:
welcome aboard, you guys made the right CHOICE!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes --I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
picture of our new car

Haven't had much time to go out on ths site lately. As requested, here is a pic of the new car. We took a trip back to IL to visit my family in it over Thanksgiving. We were amazed at how much we could pack in it and still be comfortable. Gas mileage was great.
We own several custom vehicles - old econoline vans and an old station wagon and this car is just as much fun as those to drive. My daily driver used to be a custom GMC Safari van with flames on it that my husband painted for me and we sold to buy the Scion. Other than wanting new wheels when we can afford it, I'm not sure yet what else we will do to this one. We're thinking 17's painted to match the car possibly.
I was terrified to drive it in the snow and ice here the first bad day of weather but it handles well. Just have to watch out for the rest of the idiots on the highways. For some reason they just can't get close enough to the back end of the car and everyone seems to think I have my brights on at night.
caden_stargate - Excelsior Springs is a little less than 20 miles north of Kansas City, not too far from Liberty. Thanks for the offer of help. I will keep it in mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Haven't had much time to go out on ths site lately. As requested, here is a pic of the new car. We took a trip back to IL to visit my family in it over Thanksgiving. We were amazed at how much we could pack in it and still be comfortable. Gas mileage was great.
We own several custom vehicles - old econoline vans and an old station wagon and this car is just as much fun as those to drive. My daily driver used to be a custom GMC Safari van with flames on it that my husband painted for me and we sold to buy the Scion. Other than wanting new wheels when we can afford it, I'm not sure yet what else we will do to this one. We're thinking 17's painted to match the car possibly.
I was terrified to drive it in the snow and ice here the first bad day of weather but it handles well. Just have to watch out for the rest of the idiots on the highways. For some reason they just can't get close enough to the back end of the car and everyone seems to think I have my brights on at night.
caden_stargate - Excelsior Springs is a little less than 20 miles north of Kansas City, not too far from Liberty. Thanks for the offer of help. I will keep it in mind.
Awesome lookin B. The people on your bumper and thinkin your lights are on high beams just kinda comes with the B. :( If you were wondering how much paint was for your car a friend of mine told me today it costs $550 for a pint of it. :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I know the chameleon paint made by PPG is pricey. From what we were told, this paint is about half the cost of that. Hopefully I won't have to find out for awhile.
Having grown up in IL north of Chicago, I'm fairly used to rude impatient drivers but some of these just beat all. Twice last week I had people slow down, purposely get behind me and turn their brights on. Once I flashed my brights and they figured out they were stupid they moved back over and backed off. As a courtesy you would think they would just flash their brights to see if I had mine on but I guess not around here. Everyone is in a rush nowadays.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new xB! Surf here to find answers to all the questions (and then some) on your new baby.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.