Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hullo, 25 year old former Honda Civic SI or die girl...had three - 1991, 1999, and 2002. Then I bought a motorcycle and learned that I was spending way too much money on rims and turbo's only to go slower than my stock CBR :eek:

I digress.

I still needed something relatively funky to drive at a reasonable cost so I scooped up the Scion...I digs it so far and its again making me want to mod cars again but I have been resisting so far.

I have, however been having some problems with the Scion, and since I have never owned a Toyota before, figured I needed some experts to help me out.

Hi to everyone!

Christin

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the club Christin. Lot of good peeps here that can help ya so ask away. Oh and you know you want to mod it go ahead it's a sickness and we're all afflicted. ;) ..lmao

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask. Someone will always have an answer. Most of the time we're right too! :eek: :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Welcome. Let us know what's ailin' the box and someone with the right words can help you out. I hope it's nothing too serious.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Welcome!

what kind of problems are you having with your Scion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

So far I've been having some issues with headlights spiderweb cracking from the inside, paint chipping on the passenger side, and also, the box seems to hesitate in third and fourth gear - it almost seems reminiscent of a bad timing belt with the way that the car hesitates...some weird stuff.

Cj

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Welcome to the club Christin. Lot of good peeps here that can help ya so ask away. Oh and you know you want to mod it go ahead it's a sickness and we're all afflicted. ;) ..lmao

^^^^^^^^^^ What he said --------- And welcome aboard ^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hello welcome to the boards.. with those problems if it is new i would take it to the dealer.. sound like factory defects that would be covered by warrenty

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

So far I've been having some issues with headlights spiderweb cracking from the inside, paint chipping on the passenger side, and also, the box seems to hesitate in third and fourth gear - it almost seems reminiscent of a bad timing belt with the way that the car hesitates...some weird stuff.

Cj
if you have an auto it wilh hesitate from 3rd to 4th while the little blue light is on(cold). Soon as it goes off youll shift. Also happens when climbing hills. exhaust and intake will fix that...other stuff....dont know about them......and welcome!

·
Registered
354 Posts
^^^^ so hesitates with stick.. what rpms are you shifting at and what are the rpms of the gear that you shift into. if the rpms are too low then will seem to be sluggish until get to torque band which is above 3000

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hullo, 25 year old former Honda Civic SI or die girl...had three - 1991, 1999, and 2002. Then I bought a motorcycle and learned that I was spending way too much money on rims and turbo's only to go slower than my stock CBR :eek:

I digress.

I still needed something relatively funky to drive at a reasonable cost so I scooped up the Scion...I digs it so far and its again making me want to mod cars again but I have been resisting so far.

I have, however been having some problems with the Scion, and since I have never owned a Toyota before, figured I needed some experts to help me out.

Hi to everyone!

Christin

Wow! Looks like we both have the same taste.

Here is my current list of my vechicles:

2006.5 Scion xB

2000 Civic Si (rollin on stock rims now, had to rock the scion with rims!)

2003 Cbr954

I also have a 94 Cbr 600. (But its transforming to a stunt bike)

What kinda CBR do you ride?

Now where are some pics of your rides? (We love pics here):D

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
welcome to your new addiction. if your xb ain't feelin too good. take it to doctor dealership. they might be able to help you. hopefully you're still under warranty yes?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.