Scion xB Forum banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
MollySciPDX
211 Posts
Hey. I know in the UK the word "schedule" is pronounced "shedule." Do you pronounce "school" like this?

this is right by my house. i love misspelled signs. lol.

i am slapping this pic up everywhere because i think it's hilarious.:D

HAHAHHA oh man.. bet u the dude who did that feels like a dip lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi all, it's been quite some time.
I'm in the market for another bB and I've located one within my hometown.
So fingers crossed.

Since I last posted I've been looking after my late friends little Austin Healey Sebring Sprite.
Getting it sorted, making it quicker and handle better.
Plus attempting to get out to as many shows as possible.

I'm waiting for Flickr to finish doing what ever they do to approve my pics of the Goodwood Road Racing Club 72nd Members Meeting pics.
In the meantime heres a link to some of the shows I've attended.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/originalmrp/sets

---------- Post added 04-10-2014 at 08:18 AM ----------

Ah, just in case you fancy taking a look at the Goodwood pics...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152019471033240.1073741838.686158239&type=1&l=1eff90ae77

·
resident old fart
2,075 Posts
Wow! Just looked over that first link and must say there wasn't a single page of any of those albums I didn't thoroughly enjoy! Check it out, you'll be surprised at some of the cars you'll see. I'll be going back to this link for sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Cheers bud.
Well I missed out on the local bB, as you can appreciate, they don't appear that often in the UK, let alone 5miles from your doorstep.

So I'm still looking and working on the little Austin Healey.
Currently relocating the oil cooler and measuring up for an ally radiator.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I viewed this at the beginning of the month in Harlow, being sold by a dodgy looking second hand salesman behind a car wash.
It looks better on eBay than in the metal.
I would list the problems, but I do to want to bore anyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
no problem, worth a shot, bought mine from an importer in bedford. Decent bloke, just buys up anything odd & decent and ships it back!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I originally bought mine from a dealer in Milton Keynes and was gutted when it was written off.
The old boy selling the one on eBay wasn't surprised when I walked away...
I didn't know about an importer in Bedford!
Which is annoying as I've settled for an Alfa GT JTD for the time being.

Skyman, thanks. I'm a believer in enjoying the diversity of cars.
So if can get to a meet I will.
I should be attending a 'Players' Classic Show at Goodwood on the 7th as long as,
A, the weather is good and B, the trimmers have fitted the headlining by the 6th.

Then there's the fun of repositioning the oil cooler (still waiting on Goodridge for the hose) and fitting up of a new larger ally radiator.

---------- Post added 05-29-2014 at 06:56 PM ----------

Oh and if you guys don't mind me hanging around...
I'll post more show/event pics.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought mine from a guy down Luton, must be something in the drinking water that endows the local folk with great taste in greys. (I once bought Surf from down there, also a grey and also as good as it had looked in the photos),
Good to see that there are other UK-based bB enthusiasts in cyberspace.
I wondered; how did other UK owners come to choose their cars? I wanted a 2011 Verso S but discovered quite by chance that the bB is even bigger on the inside, no slower and that the bB's ECT is almost as good to drive as a Verso's super-smooth CVT.
Then there was the fact that even a high mileage Verso S in boring TR spec would cost at least £5k, whereas my bB was less than half of that and, because it had been used only in Japan before April of this year, it hasn't seen salt so I was able to drown its shell in Ensis V and it'll still be around long after the much newer Verso Ss have all been written off by rust. ;)

I'm also liking that, in spite of its rarity compared to the more common Toyota greys such as the Estimas, Surfs and Celsiors, most mechanical parts are pure first gen Yaris and even the unique stuff is only a quick phone call away thanks to Rock Auto (in Wisconsin, coming to a country nearer to us soon - they're allegedly opening up in Wales).

181 - 192 of 192 Posts