my Idea isn't amazing but
I would beat those ugly spots down and away with a da sander
scuff up the rest and shoot it the bare spots with primer first
and then with color and clear

white is the easiest color to work with and match
it would be possible to do something respectable with spray cans
if you do not have the right equipment .like a compressor to spray
or run a da sander with.
I would get a paint stripper wheel for a drill and go over the ugly spots with that
and hand sand/scuff up the rest
you can get a epoxy primer from Eastwood in a can
and you can get clear in a spray can from them also
the color you can get from autobody touchup in a can
good luck

Registered
are you looking to just repair or replace? fastscions has a bunch of hoods or rockauto for OEM stuffs.., i got carbon fiber for 2010 xb2 and i love it.. matched color and what not.

otherwise, i agree, strip it down, sand, paint and buff, a weekend project for sure!! lol

Registered
I just got a 2005 xb. Clearly I'm a few years behind everyone! But I love my xb the only thing I don't like is the hood! Does anyone have any amazing ideas to help me make it better....TIA if anyone responds I appreciate it a lot馃槃馃榿
I just got a 2005 xb. Clearly I'm a few years behind everyone! But I love my xb the only thing I don't like is the hood! Does anyone have any amazing ideas to help me make it better....TIA if anyone responds I appreciate it a lot馃槃馃榿
I just got a 2005 xb. Clearly I'm a few years behind everyone! But I love my xb the only thing I don't like is the hood! Does
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Tire

anyone have any amazing ideas to help me make it better....TIA if anyone responds I appreciate it a lot馃槃馃榿
Get a bra

Registered

Attachments

Registered
Don't forget to Restore the headlights with the Sylvania kit, voted best on Project Farm

Registered
Because our cars are as aerodynamic as a brick, the bumper cover, hood leading edge and windshields are very prone to rock chips. White is also a color that has issues for some reason. Ford, Dodge and GM have all had their share of issues with white paint not bonding properly. I seem to remember white 2nd Gen xB's also have some issues. A rock deflector or bra would be a good investment. A weekend with some sandpaper, primer and paint will get you started.

Registered
hi, looking to correct some chips and scratches on my hood too (silver 06 xB). any recommendations or links to the silver paint?
i bought a rattle can of this for my 04 xB Black Cherry Pearl and it was perfect

1 - 20 of 20 Posts