Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused: :confused: I just replaced my tail-lights with the bBist LEDs and I also replaced my headlight bulbs with some koito white beams(Koito Whitebeam 3770K H4 60/55W Standard Wattage High Power Halogen Auto Headlight Light Bulbs, Manufactory part no: H4, 9003)

My car started when I went to drive it to the front after working on it in the alley but after parking, I went to drive somewhere and it started but it will not move out of park(its an automatic). the button wont even push in to move the shifter.

Also, the gauge cluster isnt functioning. It lights up but the gas gauge is stuck on E and the tach wont move either. Clock part is off too. All the idiot lights come on when turning the key to accessories but the check engine light stays lit.

One more thing: power windows wont work either but keyless entry and locks work and so does stereo

Did I blow a fuse possibly with either the tail-lights or the new headlight bulbs??

Please help fellas.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Check your fuse box. If all the fuses look good, disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Do as Cravin said and retrace your work. there could be a wire grounding out somewhere which could cause this to happen.

If it's possible, go back to square one. Re-install the OEM equipment and see if that fixes the problem.

If all else fails, the hammer game is always fun...

(btw, the hammer game is a joke, don't break your car)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the backup lights! I replaced the gauge fuse and as soon as i put the car in reverse it popped it. So for now I put in a 15 fuse instead of the 10 just for tonight and its holding it and then I guess tomorrow when its light again I'll have to pull the tails and see why the reverse is causing it to pop the fuse

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Excellent troubleshooting!

I hope you can get everything taken care of tomorrow. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.