Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i was installing some aftermarket LED's today and i accidentally wired the neg to pos and pos to neg. The source that i was connecting them too was the factory LED lighting tubes under the dash already. Now none of the LEDs work at all. I had installed the same LEDs yesterday so theres no problem with the LEDs themselves, and im 100% positive i connected neg to pos and pos to neg. So did i blow a fuse? And if i did, which one do i need to replace because i am clueless as to what i blew. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well heres my diagnoses so far...

I check every single fuse very carefully and at least twice, none were blown...not even any questionable ones.

The LED i had installed worked perfect for 3 days. When I needed to run the wire a different direction i had to cut the wires and reattach them. I didnt add anything new...i actually cut off about a foot of wire i didnt need after the new distance was layed out. All i did wrong was cross the wires +/- -/+. After that point all my LED's, including the factory ones stopped working. So I tested the all of the LED's with a battery and every single one of them works.

In conclusion, all of the fuses are in working condition and all of the LED's still work. Any ideas on why they are not working then?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wish I could help but I'm useless when it comes to anything electrical....Hopefully someone will save the day soon.....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well First Of All Everyone Makes Is Takes From What I Know If You Tested The Led After You Have Crossed The Wires And The Leds Are Still Working Fine What You Should Do Is Check All The Fuses With A Light Tester Check The Fuses Under The Hood And Under The The Dash If All Over Then Are Still Powering Up And Working Fine What You Can Do Is Run All New Wires To The Switch And The Leds Itself Because You Could Have Fired The Wires If You Still Need Help Just Pm Me And Ill Do My Best To Help You Out I Do Alot Of Eletical Work So Im Pretty Sure I Can Help You

·
Registered
78 Posts
put a test light on the battery side of the switch and if its not lighting up... THEN dig deeper. keep going down the line. until you light up. and if still not. then maybe you should just run a wire from an ignition activated fuse, to a switch. that should get you lit up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.