Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help with cold cathodes in socal... im looking for someone with a little more knowledge than me to assist me in the install to make sure i dont eff anything up.... : ( so if anyone can help me plz let me know willing to pay for services... located in anahiem

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
misformartin said:
help with cold cathodes in socal... im looking for someone with a little more knowledge than me to assist me in the install to make sure i dont eff anything up.... : ( so if anyone can help me plz let me know willing to pay for services... located in anahiem
No need to pay, if you can wait for a tech day we will give you a hand. If not, then I'm sure there's a few peeps on here who could help you out. Like I said in my PM, I'm tied up through our Nationals in early August but after that I can give you a hand.

It's not that tough really, just be sure you don't connect the friggle wire to the flux capacitor and you'll be fine.:eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
misformartin said:
rofl the flux compacitor.... lol when is the next tech day?
This is the busy time of year with all the shows, as soon as it slows down we'll schedule a day and let you know. In the meantime why don't you get ready buy getting a few quarts of turn signal fluid and maybe some screen top pistons, oh, and some new rubber tipped cam lobes! That should keep you busy while you're waiting. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
wait for the tech day surf is the lighting man if i didnt live so far i would wait for the tech day too but oklahoma is a long drive

·
Registered
485 Posts
its not too hard really. Once ya get the hang of wiring things up witht he right tools its a very quick job. I hooked up 6 cold cathodes and 16 leds within a matter of 90 minutes.

Just play around (which is what i did) and you will catch on almost immediately

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
Mind if I jump in on this as well? Im in orange, and im too scared to do anything electric related in cars. If its no problem, let me know.

surfcitylocal said:
This is the busy time of year with all the shows, as soon as it slows down we'll schedule a day and let you know. In the meantime why don't you get ready buy getting a few quarts of turn signal fluid and maybe some screen top pistons, oh, and some new rubber tipped cam lobes! That should keep you busy while you're waiting. ;)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
^^^^^Not a problem. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey i got a question for this topic

not to jack the thread but i got some "sound enhanced" or whatever cathodes for the scion and i surf's kit was the non-sound sensitive version. does this really change the whole output of the wiring or not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
just wondering if it did because i think i blew out a 12VDC plug for the 12V output. and then i smelt the airholes for the incoming sound and cooling recievers on the box and it smelt like....lead i guess, iono i was soldering it all day kinda. it made me cough for like 2 minutes straight. it makes me glad i was born in this century, and not in the 1700's-1800's being an apprentice to the local gunsmith trying to dig out musket balls from rifles with "duds."

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
aaronle06 said:
just wondering if it did because i think i blew out a 12VDC plug for the 12V output. and then i smelt the airholes for the incoming sound and cooling recievers on the box and it smelt like....lead i guess, iono i was soldering it all day kinda. it made me cough for like 2 minutes straight. it makes me glad i was born in this century, and not in the 1700's-1800's being an apprentice to the local gunsmith trying to dig out musket balls from rifles with "duds."
If your converter smells like ozone or has a burnt odor you probably connected the pos + & neg - wire in reverse to the input. You'll need a new converter if that's the case.

The wiring for the converter should be the same whether you are using the sound activated modules or not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i wanted to make it under my seats and my dashboards like factory except not paying 250 for it

·
Registered
485 Posts
heres a great site to use for buying cathodes and other lighting stuff.
http://www.oznium.com/

i personally use ebay ( u can get 6 dual cathode sets for $12 ), but oznium is pretty damn good. Installs are easy.

So not to blow any fuses or mess up any electrical systems, you can buy something at your local auto store called "mini-add-a-circuit". This basically plugs into your fusebox like a fuse and you can turn 1 fuse slot into 2. This way if you blow a fuse its a fuse specifically for your lighting. Makes modding much easier knowing you wont mess up anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.