Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving a 2009 xB with 173,000 miles. Everything has been great until now. I drove through rain the other day and the VSC Light started flashing, and the Trac Off Light and the Engine light came on steady. I didn't drive through any big puddles or anything that would have messed up the wheels. I went to auto zone and they pulled codes P0717, C0210, C1201, and C1241. I reset the battery and drove for about ten minutes and the lights came back on.

In the past I have had these lights and it was an issue with the fuel cap. I checked the fuel cap and everything seems normal. The last maintenance I performed was an oil change about a month ago.

If anyone has any ideas or can point me in a direction. Otherwise I am going to have to go to Toyota and pay $120 just to diagnose it.

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
What codes do you have after re-setting?

P0717 is the transmission input speed sensor
C0210 is RR speed sensor
C1201 is ABS Inlet Valve Coil LF Circuit Short To Ground
C1241 is low battery positive voltage

Start with the battery, ground & charging system. Problems there can cause all kinds of flaky behavior. If you're still running the original battery, a new one might be all you need. Look online for discount codes from your favorite auto parts store.

Then check the RR speed sensor and LF ABS Inlet Valve Coil. Transmission is the last option, because it's usually the most expensive to fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting a new battery tonight so I will let you know how it works. Thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added 07-06-2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

So, a strange thing happened. The light came on when I had about a 1/4 tank of gas. It got a little below a 1/4 and I filled up. The lights went out and have not come back on. Do you have any ideas why that might have happened? Is there an evap issue or maybe an underlying injection problem? Thank you in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts