Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the hotchkis Springs on my 06.5 xB. Everything went together fine on the pass. side then when i got to the driver side, the strut was very difficult to re install. the top was in, but getting the 2 19mm bolts in the spindle, i had to fight it all the way. now i am getting a clunking out of the Drivers side front every time i hit a little bump at slow speeds. I popped the hood, to find the the strut is cockeyed in there, and is sitting uneven. I pulled the strut out and checked the top mounting bolt and its in there tight, re installed it, and strut is still sitting un even. Help, this is bugging me. Might be A n00b mistake...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
how did you go about doing the install? Did you remove the whole strut or did you leave the top plate on the car?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Can you get all three nuts on the top? Is the coil in the alignment groove, maybe it slipped out before it was tightened.

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I have all 3 bolts in it. I will pull it back apart tonight and check out to make sure that the spring is sitting in the rubber perfectly. Why was the Drivers side such a battle, as apposed to the pass side?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think that the top of the spring came unseated lengthening the strut assembly making it tougher to get back into the alignment.

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks for your insight. I will take her apart again tonight and let you know

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Loosen just the center main bolt up top under the plastic cover, with pressure of the jack under the control arm. Try twisting the spring and it might pop back in place without removing everything again.

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Loosen just the center main bolt up top under the plastic cover, with pressure of the jack under the control arm. Try twisting the spring and it might pop back in place without removing everything again.

i csn twist the spring, but when i set it back on the ground, the shock is still coceyed. dangit !!!!!!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'm not sure what it can be if the spring is seated right and it's still crooked.

I've installed xB springs 4 times without any problems.

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure what it can be if the spring is seated right and it's still crooked.

I've installed xB springs 4 times without any problems.

everythin is aligned good, just the strut assy refuses to go in

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Can you rotate the thing independently of the bottom. If so try and see if it can line back up.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've had to step on the brake assembly to get the top of the spindle underneath the strut.

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i almost got it, it just seems odd that it is fighting me so much going in...

·
<3 my box!
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i almost got it, it just seems odd that it is fighting me so much going in...

well its back together, and the strut mount under the hood is still not sitting correctly. I aligned up the arrow on the boot and the arrow on the mounting plate... what gives??? :eek: :mad:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'm out of answers.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.