Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed my system today, i had a kinetik 1400 under the hood. BIg 3 done under the hood. installed 2 12" alpine type r subs with 2 hifonics 1606d amps with a kinetik 2400 in back.. went to go put my fuse in under the hood to tune the amps and my car ran like crap.. my traction control buttons on. the VSC come on... and if i go over 3k for rmp the motor bogs down?? what could of caused this? i think maybe the alternator overloaded and blew the power module valve.. any help!!! thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Your box is in "limp home" mode. Your ECU is not getting all the information it needs to properly manage the engine, so it is making assumptions and filling in the blank information enough to get you home without damage.

There was just recently a topic on this, and there have been several others, IIRC. Best bet is to stop by one of the chain automotive stores - many of then will read the OBDII codes your box is throwing so you will have some idea what is causing the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it has to be one of them code?? it happend when i put my fuse in under the hood. then it went into that mode.. i thought maybe with those big ass batterys the alternator was gettting overloaded.. could that be it? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.