Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trac, check engine, vsc lights have been on for more than an year now. Took it autozone forgot the codes but it was related to purge solenoid, evaporate canister or gas pressure leak.
Every time I drive somewhere and get out of the car can smell strong gas fumes coming the fuel hatch door. I have checked and replaced gas cap, replaced the purge solenoid. Out of ideas help please thanks

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
48 Posts
Sounds like perhaps someone might have stolen your catalytic converter...? o_O

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,610 Posts
Some years of the 2st gen had a poorly designed gas filler neck that would cause the evap cannister to get flooded and cause the issues you are having. Fix was Toyota redesigned the filler neck and you had to replace the filler and evap canister.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum and I have been having the same issue with our 2012 that we purchased new. No issues with it until the last 2 weeks, the fuel smell is really intense at the rear of the car, and our fuel consumption has jumped dramatically. We have gone from 320 avg per tank down to 280. Is it possible that I have a tank leak? I want to drop the tank and be sure as it looks like stains ont the front of the tank seem but I also don't want to do work I don't have to. Is there any more information about the filler tube and evap canister I could review? I have been searching for a7h8last 2 days and have found very little information about, or any how-to directions to drop the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts