Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hummer_escape_pod said:
my wife says it is a waste of money :eek: help explain it to her ;)
The vehicle won't be able to move without wheels. They are the item that allows the vehicle to roll down the street. The stock wheels that come with the xB are fine for "normal" traveling but I'm sure you're a woman who wants her man to be more than "normal", more than "just like everyone else", more than "ordinary". I'm sure you are the type of woman who wants her man to have the best of everything in life. Please trust your husband's judgement in this matter of getting new wheels, he knows quality when he sees it, he chose you didn't he?

*cross fingers and hope for the best. ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
The vehicle won't be able to move without wheels. They are the item that allows the vehicle to roll down the street. The stock wheels that come with the xB are fine for "normal" traveling but I'm sure you're a woman who wants her man to be more than "normal", more than "just like everyone else", more than "ordinary". I'm sure you are the type of woman who wants her man to have the best of everything in life. Please trust your husband's judgement in this matter of getting new wheels, he knows quality when he sees it, he chose you didn't he?
^^^^^^^^^^^^
*Sitting in awe* :eek:

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
surfcitylocal said:

now that there is a man who knows wheels!, and then some. ;) thats wisdom straight out.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Now if someone wouldn't mind doing the same for me and explaining to my girlfriend why it's more important for me to buy an Air Runner set up than some stupid old diamond engagement ring? :eek:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Now if someone wouldn't mind doing the same for me and explaining to my girlfriend why it's more important for me to buy an Air Runner set up than some stupid old diamond engagement ring?

Ahah! The pressure's on!!! lol As a girl, you might want to see it from our point of view. If you spend that money on your car instead of on your girlfriend and your RELATIONSHIP together (because an engagement ring is a signifier of JUST HOW IMPORTANT SHE IS TO YOU!!!) you might risk losing her to someone who WILL spend their money on her first before their car. Uh Oh!!! You wouldn't want that now, would you?!! :eek:

So - relationship $$$ first, then car $$$. ;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I’m not sure what a “swing out crane” is, but how did you get the green light for the leather seats? When the dealer told me the price it was a bit more than a basic set of rims. (Aside from price I live in So Cal, don’t always park in the shade & wear shorts -- you do the math.) Anyway, if you can afford it, you might try striking a deal. Let her splurge on something around the same price that you’ve been calling extravagant. Then you’re even. Or maybe go for the rims instead of another purchase you’ve been eying.

Good luck.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ahhh the benifits of new wheels:
lighter wheels = better gas mileage
wider tires = better traction. ie safer to drive your wife around in
larger wheels use a smaller sidewall = stiffer tire more responsive steering.
different offset giving vehicle a wider stance = better handling. otg shims are recomended
not to mention the sheer eye pleasing factor

·
Registered
98 Posts
you could always try to tell her the car would not really be yours until you get some new rims for it each person does something different to their car to make theirs so you want to make your car yours

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
Engagement ring to a woman

Engagement ring to a guy

Custom wheels to a woman

Custom wheels to a guy

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Once again Pat, you have made me spit coffee on myself! Nice one.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
boxd_up said:
Now if someone wouldn't mind doing the same for me and explaining to my girlfriend why it's more important for me to buy an Air Runner set up than some stupid old diamond engagement ring?

Ahah! The pressure's on!!! lol As a girl, you might want to see it from our point of view. If you spend that money on your car instead of on your girlfriend and your RELATIONSHIP together (because an engagement ring is a signifier of JUST HOW IMPORTANT SHE IS TO YOU!!!) you might risk losing her to someone who WILL spend their money on her first before their car. Uh Oh!!! You wouldn't want that now, would you?!! :eek:

So - relationship $$$ first, then car $$$. ;)
Gee thanks Angie, that's exactly the moral support I was looking for. :eek: Her birthday is July 18 and I've already made my purchase at Tiffany's for her. It's not an engagement ring but it is a ring. (should buy me a little time) :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
hummer_escape_pod said:
my wife says it is a waste of money :eek: help explain it to her ;)
Man, I must be lucky. My wife keeps bugging about the fact that I haven't put my old wheels on her ride yet...... She's all about the "handling/larger footprint on the road" thing now. She keeps complaining about the squealing from the stock tires, and the fact that they're boring. I think she reads too much!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would go with the fuel economy / handling / safety route personally.

And explain to your GIRLFRIEND about air ride? Your in for a long trip if your not married and already explaining things to her!

·
Registered
118 Posts
surfcitylocal said:

HA HA that was great my chick BS detector did not even go off ONCE.

Salute to you for that explanation!! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Liesjemt said:
I’m not sure what a “swing out crane” is, but how did you get the green light for the leather seats? When the dealer told me the price it was a bit more than a basic set of rims. (Aside from price I live in So Cal, don’t always park in the shade & wear shorts -- you do the math.) Anyway, if you can afford it, you might try striking a deal. Let her splurge on something around the same price that you’ve been calling extravagant. Then you’re even. Or maybe go for the rims instead of another purchase you’ve been eying.

Good luck.
the crane is my wheelchair lift, the leather is easier to slide on than the cloth and will wear better since I will be so hard on it I also live in LA but shorts are not an option for me..... as her her about all she wants is a $2000 fridge and we will get a plasma TV at the same time.:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DTRAIN619 said:
Man, I must be lucky. My wife keeps bugging about the fact that I haven't put my old wheels on her ride yet...... She's all about the "handling/larger footprint on the road" thing now. She keeps complaining about the squealing from the stock tires, and the fact that they're boring. I think she reads too much!! :rolleyes:
oh she has no problem with doing a LineX bed liner, sliders and a prerunner rear bumper on HER double cab prerunner and she has nice alloys on her truck....:(

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Here's one, the PW just does not look right without nice wheels, and people will laugh at you as you drive. Does she really want people laughing at you, making you feel bad? ;) Ok, she'd see that was a loada crap a million miles away. I am lucky in that Jeff and I both completely agree that nice wheels are a must. It's all just a money issue at this point. Robbing banks is starting to look good, gotta fund that mod habit!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts