Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. The more I look the more confused I get..I want an exhaust but I need to decide on the right one, hopefully with this thread you guys can help on my final decission. I went to a local muffler shop and the guy there tried to talk me into getting a Magna flow exhaust with bigger piping. He said it would be alot louder but he had never put one on a scion before and could not give me a good Idea
of what it would sound like for $325....I decided to wait and see what you guys come up with I want something with a deep throaty sound but not excessively loud especially at freeway speeds. I am also worried about getting pulled over for too loud of an exhaust just want something that sounds respectable. Here are my choices and you guys give me your input

1. Greddy

2. strupp

3. Precission Muffler

Im leaning towards Precission muffler because they say it is not that loud and still sounds good....I have heard some of you say that strupp is loud and some that say it is not.....and have heard alot about greddy but not sure if it would be too loud.........OK guys this is where you come in...sorry for the long windedness but need to make decission thanks for any help:confused:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Scion Xb Exhaust

I agree I have had Strup Axle Back. Magnaflow Cat Back and Custom Cat Back. I would recommend either

Magnaflow Cat Back Or the Customer Cat Back.

I paid like $230 for 2.25" piping ran from the cat back then a Borla muffler and Magnaflow tip. I could have got the Magnaflow muffler but wanted to try the Borla.

Shadow Mica Xb has Cat Back Magnaflow
Camo Green Xb has customer cat back borla muffler magnaflow tip.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
do custom. its so much cheaper, and my opinion so much better. i ran an RS-type muffler from Ebay ($30), and had custom piping done at meineke on my first exhaust ($60). It was kick azz and got the job done. I had a silencer in it for when I wanted to quiet, and could open it up for some loudness if i wanted.

Right now Im rocking a JDM bB AWD exhaust so my old exhaust is out, otherwise id take pics for ya and possibly sound clips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey everyone thanks for all the replies but, I bought new or shall I say a used
TRD exhaust on ebay for 200 bucks. I know its only an axleback but cant I have
a local muffler shop turn it into a catback ? all it is, the piping from the cat on back right?.. I hope Im happy with the sound the guy only had it on his car for three months before he sold his car so, it should be in good condition we shall see. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Best bet would be to go to a local muffler shop. Choose which one you think has the best look and then have them install it. Max pay= 300 I did that on my xb and it is sweet! Not a bolt on that 100 other people have got online for 79.99 with 35.99 in shipping. It's also custom, its what you wan exactly, and you can get axle or catback!

·
OG Member
1,635 Posts
You know with this one your going to have a bunch of ideas and hope that the info helps you out.
I have a axel back MagnaFlow and I love it. Something to think about is how loud do you want it inside your box. I don't have a prob with mine but my wife at first was saing that it was to loud and that it would wake up our son if he is asleep. Now she has no prob with it and the boy just knocks out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only catbacks out there are the Borla dual and the Magnaflow catack (both of which you will need to cut your exiting exhaust) exhaust for the XB. All the others, you are really paying for a muffler upgrade. Like Hotbox said, not worth the money at all. The Magnaflow is $445. Its a better bang for the buck. Dont believe it? I made 116whp, put the magnaflow on and dynod 141whp. FI ofcourse:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.