Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have TRD 18's with pirelli p-nero zeros and my sidewall has a little(1~1/2"wide by 3/4" tall) bump on it does anyone know if I should be worried about it and if i should take it in to the dealer to have them replace it.
Thanks
-Alex

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Sounds like you hit a nice pot hole, It would cause that. And I don't think the dealer will cover it. You need to just hit up a local tire shop. Don't bother with the dealer, I think it would be a waste of time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this will sound stupid...

Do you guys know if my tire could blow out or anything like that just because of that small bump?:confused:

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
That bump is what us "Tire Professionals" call a impact seperation. You hit a pothole or something (Don't deny it...LOL) that caused the tire to get pinched between the road and the wheel causing it to break open on the inside.....what you see is the air that has merged into the break in the belts.... I would recommed replacing the tire ASAP, if not you run the risk of a blowout which could lead to anything. Once the tire is off ask the installer to show you the cut on the inside - should be very clear. If your in So Cal hit me back and I can recomend some good shops.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can i replace just the one tire or do they all have to be replaced? Ive heard that it messes up the wear or some bs. and just for refrence they have 18,000 miles on them.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
You can do just one - or you can do two and save the good one for when this happens agian...... Its the curse of the low pro setups....... I'm leaning towards 15's or 17's at the biggest.......Good Luck. If you do replace just one make sure it gets on the rear of the box if not you run the risk of getting a bad pull due to the new vs. old rubber - on the back it can wear in and by the time you rotate no issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts