Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installe my detachable steering hub with short hub by NRG last night. I used the article from this website about how to uninstall the stock steering wheel but did what i could do with the short hub and the quick release. Now my VSC light and my trac off light is on as well as my airbag light. I am not worrying about the airbag light. I am concerned with my VSC light and my Traction control OFF light. And my blinker doesn't return on it's own. Is this something normal or did I take too much off when I put in the hub? If there is a thread or something on this that would help out a lot.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i have the VSC/TRAC lights come on only on hard right turns???? kinda weird...i have the splash hub

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just installe my detachable steering hub with short hub by NRG last night. I used the article from this website about how to uninstall the stock steering wheel but did what i could do with the short hub and the quick release. Now my VSC light and my trac off light is on as well as my airbag light. I am not worrying about the airbag light. I am concerned with my VSC light and my Traction control OFF light. And my blinker doesn't return on it's own. Is this something normal or did I take too much off when I put in the hub? If there is a thread or something on this that would help out a lot.
I think those lights might be an engine code. Have you tried clearing them?

Here's the procuedure:
  1. Make sure the car is off and that the key is not in the ignition.
  2. Open the hood and locate the "Engine Room Relay Box." This is the fuse/relay box in the engine bay. On the xA/xB, it is the black top box to the right of the engine bay.
  3. Take the black cover off and flip it over to read the embossed diagram. You want to look for the EFI fuse (not RELAY).
  4. Using the fuse-puller (white piece of plastic in the box), pull the EFI fuse out and let it sit for 10-30 seconds.
  5. Pop the fuse back in the EFI fuse socket. Make sure it is properly seated and is uniform with the other fuses.
  6. Put the black cover back on, and see if that solves the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think those lights might be an engine code. Have you tried clearing them?

Here's the procuedure:
  1. Make sure the car is off and that the key is not in the ignition.
  2. Open the hood and locate the "Engine Room Relay Box." This is the fuse/relay box in the engine bay. On the xA/xB, it is the black top box to the right of the engine bay.
  3. Take the black cover off and flip it over to read the embossed diagram. You want to look for the EFI fuse (not RELAY).
  4. Using the fuse-puller (white piece of plastic in the box), pull the EFI fuse out and let it sit for 10-30 seconds.
  5. Pop the fuse back in the EFI fuse socket. Make sure it is properly seated and is uniform with the other fuses.
  6. Put the black cover back on, and see if that solves the issue.

does anyone have info on the fuse for the 07(o6.5), does not look like this picture. Mine is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like a clockspring problem, (the car thinks the wheel is turned too far) and thats why it dosnt return and the lights come on hard right turns

·
bB squad
1,054 Posts
Mas, hopefully the lights dont turn back on within a few days or weeks. Mine turn on as well (no, I didn't change my steering wheel), and I thought it was my AEM air filter... so I put my stocks back on but lights still turned on... I'm gonna take my car to my cousin's shop and see what he can do.

By the way, did you disconnect your car battery when you changed your steering wheel? (Hopefully you did!)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I don't know what's going on with it. But I just know that they are all brightly lit. Not bothering me much though. I put a tissue box in front of the lights now. hahahaha. I got a colorful dash. I tried everything thanks for all the suggestions but nothing seems to work. Oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts