Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help me decide

2K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  polarproject 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I finally finished the grill that hattrick ever so kindly gave me. It still needs paint but the hard part is over. I just can't decide on using the emblem or not.

I would like some opinions,
Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
It's totally up to you, however, I agree with Mad_Sciontist, it looks better off.

Maybe if you still wanted the Scion emblem, you could get it ghosted on after you paint it??

#9 ·
I made the grill from the oem grill. I know it looks crooked I just didn't push it down all the way. I still have a littel detail and shapeing work but it's mostly finished.
I actually cut the scion leters out of the grill and I want to backlight it along with the billet grills. I'm not quite finished yet but I wanted some ideas before I got it painted TCM.

Thanks for all the replies.

#10 ·
I think Scotty means the passenger grill is tweaked whiel the driver side is straight. I'd fix it before I sported that. hence the reason i pulled my wing off. It was not straight. And that's the reason I don't use my matching W-Blood grill. It doesn't fit quite right. I'd fix it. When you're gonna make something from scratch, it's best to do it right the first time to avoid any bad remarks on the finished product. I got the comment at my very first HIN about my positive camber problem inherent to Easystreet suspensions. I ordered Cusco camber plates the next day. I was so embarrased.

#12 ·
Looks good. I like the emblem on it better.

I agree with Scotty, It looks a little unbalanced.

#14 ·
I feel that while a custom modification is still in it's baby-to-mid stages, a little criticsm can't hurt. I didn't say anything about the uneven-ness mainly because I was almost sure you'd have it all fixed and fitted before you completely finished it.

I still say go without the emblem, unless you really want it lit up. In that case though, my next set of criticism comes to the fact that I said no to the emblem because it sits out far from the grille. If you can get it more flush with it, then I say go for it.

Heck, I can't do bodywork, what do I know?

#15 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, yes evan the negative. I'm pickey as s*** and that's why I decided to make my own grill. I just couldn't find one that really went with the car.
So yes all the defects will be corected before final installation. The billet was just temporally set in and the grill itself was just set in place.
I think I'm going to have to go with the emblem. It should look better once everything is painted to match.

#16 ·
Can't wait to see it man!!

BTW, how much would you charge to make a custom grille? I'm getting sick of my billets, and I too can't find anything worthy of the boombox. I want sleek, stylish, but not too expensive. lol

#17 ·
Show me some pics of your box. Man I hope that doesn't sound to perverted.:rolleyes: I'd have to see your car to get some ideas. I don't plan to replecate this one but I could come up with something diff. Cost prob $60-120 and swap you old grill. Cost covers mostly material. I just like witer projects mabey I can hook ya up.

#18 ·
#19 ·
BTW, I'm trying to get away from billet. I'm thinking I may go with a mesh look or diamond cut look on the next front end.

#21 ·
I do plan on giving her a new dress, but it's not set in stone just yet. I have thoughts of going full bodykit - Fab or JP Vizage. I know it's rather bland, but that's about all I can give you for now.

#22 ·
Ok, I have another oem grill that I will start cutting as soon as I finish mine. It will probabley be a few weeks since I do this evenings and weekends. I'll post up some pics of the next one when I figure out what I'm going to do with it and actually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.