Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in canada and i just got my xb 2 days ago, and they require me to put on daytime lights on the car, so i was wondering if anyone knew where to connect the switch line???

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If needed you should be able to wire in a relay that will turn on the headlights when the car is running if you need. :confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I added a little light to my headlights, think I helped Scionicman find them off e-bay, anyway, they can be used for daytime runners by adding a relay to turn them on off of the ignition switch to turn on when you start the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay guys here some more information, i bought spdt relay and i want to put my side turning lights to be my DRL I found out by looking at the 1156 bulb that it's a dual filament bulb so i figure i can just use one of the lines as my DRL. BUT the problem is that i have everything all wired up but i dont know where to wire my signal wire to. What is the most convient wire I should tap into for my switch line to turn on the relay?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Any wire that becomes hot when the ignition is turned on, radio power wire, cig lighter power wire both come to mind. Both can be found easy.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Check out any off of the fuse block in the engine bay, will be something there that you could use as a signal wire to run a relay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.