Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a Kinitek battery to replace my OEM battery. I don't want a Optima. My OEM battery size is 9"L x 7" W x 7.5 H not including post. Did anybody have problems putting in a Kinetik HC 1800 which is 10"L x 6.5"W x 8.2" H (8.8" with post).

Also, is there enough slack in the battery cables to fit on correctly and did you need to get taller battery J rods to hold it down etc.

Reason, I am asking because it is a special order item from all the audio /electronic dealers in my area and can't be returned. None of the auto parts companies carry this brand to sample the fit.

Thanks for your help

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high

welcome to the club try e-mail to kinetics seen them at hin pretty big display the would know which battery would fit and mods to help if not in stock tray.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinetiks company does not know what will fit your car and it seems that this product is ony sold thru audio /electronics stores. If it was sold at a auto parts store I would be able to test fit it, but the other stores don't allow this and some don't have it in stock , since they can get next day delivery..

Thanks, I still need input???

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
still no results

go out and undo the battery bolts 2 bolts and the tie down also 2 bolts and check whats under it. my 88 toyo truck had a removable plastic tray that set into two notches. you could always get longer j bolts and matching nuts. with battery out you will get better idea if kinetics will fit and what could be done to accomidate larger size. if no one has done this allready thats your best bet:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I going to see if I have the extra 1" lenght in width in battery size in my xB. I called Pep Boys auto repair, If I need new longer battery cables there about $12 ea. and $15 ea. to install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.