Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes,

You will soon learn that i don't know the usual car enthuist lingo. My problem - right before a big trip - I hity a racoon and when I got home noticed bumper damage and the plastic cover (i guess where the fog lights would go) snapped off.

How easy are they to replace. What is it evenc alled. I assume it's safe to drive without it, but I will be driving in the rain and some electric equiptment can be seen inside.

Thanks,

mike

·
Registered
325 Posts
Which cover did you lose?? If you do not have fog lights in the upper part of the bumper and one of the 8 inch long body colored covers is missing then you need a fog lamp hole cover (the dealer will know from that what you need I am sure). Be advised I am not sure this part comes precolored to body color, if not there will be some expense in getting it painted to match. Remember that fog lamp kits arent particularly expensive (factory kit for under $300 if you look around) and should not be hard to install either (tho you said you arent car smart...so maybe install cost for you also). If the cover needs to be painted it could easily cost near $100 to get it and get it painted....might be a cost effective time to upgrade to fog lights.

If the cover you lost is one of the lower egg crate black ones. There are 2 snap out panels in the outer ends of the lower bumper cover opening (where the lowest black grill is across the front). One cover covers the tow hook attachment point the other just fills in the end of the lower grille opening. If this is what you need it will come black and ready to install. I would tell the dealer I need the lower bumper Left or Right outer lower grille insert for these parts.

Any of these covers should be very easy to install they snap into place. (the fog lights snap into place also:) )

Oh yeah!! None of these covers is anything more than cosmetic. The fact that it is missing shouldn't hurt a thing except your pride.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
sometimes you'll find these on this site or scion life. Check ebay look around.
I'm sure you'll find one. Dealers will charge you an arm and a leg. Whit any luck you will find one the right color. One other thing you might try is ask the salesman where you bought your xB and see if someone had fogs installed and they have one laying around that he could nab for ya.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Don't feel bad. I hit a racoon months after getting my xB and both the lower passenger honeycomb gille piece and the foglamp cover snapped off. I turned around immediately and found both parts. They just snap on and off, real simple actually.

I was only going about 30 or so, so the racoon just kinda bounced off and ran away, no damage besides the parts snapping off was done.

Sorry to hear you weren't so lucky man.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Damn critters!
LOL. My dad hit a bird yesterday. I thought it was hilarious. I was driving behind him in my xB. He has a PW xB so it looked really disgusting. I'm pretty sure the bird is very dead right now.... /end threadjack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.