Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the subplug 4 from norcal scion and I hooked it up and no sound came out of the speakers. I plugged the factory stuff back in and the sound worked perfect. I remembered reading you had to take some plastic off the subplug connector to get it to fit right (it was very hard to connect it at first). I took some plastic off and connected it again (it went in easily this time) and the sound still did not work and this time, the radio didn't even power up. I plugged in the factory connectors and nothing. No power to the radio, no sound, nothing. WTF happened????:mad:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got a subplug 2 used. the fuse will blow if you touch the blue remote wire to any ground. if your radio turns on but no sound you might want to take out the sub plug just to make sure everything is working. when I was setting up my system I had a bad ground (I tried grounding it to the rear strut tower) then I foung a nice grounding point just under the rear driverside seat, just lift the edge of the coushin there is a 12mm or 14mm bolt. thats where I grounded at and no problems since. it may just be a bad sub plug.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't even have the amp wired up all the way yet, I just wanted to make sure the subplug worked before wiring up the whole car. I actually just finished wiring everything up, now I just need to figure out what's wrong with the subplug.

If I connect the subplug, no sound comes out. If I reconnect the factory plugs, everything works fine. That tells me the subplug is bad. Correct?

·
Registered
361 Posts
yea it sounds like you might have gotten a bad plug. if you have a multi meter you can test the sub plug for any possible open circuits.... or try to get it swapped out from norcal scion.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If you have the 4 you need to run all your speakers off the amp. if you didn't want to run all the speaker from the amp you needed to get the 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.